West London

ewmy

Genre Addict
Having only just moved to London I'll shortly be moving again, across town to W12. I haven't seen much discussion of 'West' (?) on here, but I thought I'd ask anyway if anyone knows what's good in the Shepherd's Bush/Notting Hill area.

I know there was that whole broken beat thing blowing up a few years back centred on West London - is that still going? I LOVED Seiji's "Loose Lips" (which must have been after it died down a bit) and I still seem to hear Bugz in the Attic occasionally on the radio.

It seems the Notting Hill Arts Club and The Defector's Weld have some cool nights too, and of course it'll be nice to have Carnival on my doorstep rather than have to travel from the Midlands and then suffer the packed-out buses & tubes. Anywhere else? Or will I find myself heading east a lot?

Also, how about record shops?

im gonna be proper bait and say

Dub Vendor for record shops........theres a bunch of good second hand ones if you take to the 52 to Notting Hill Gate aswell....many days of my youth was spent diggin in them thar racks lol....

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I liked the book one around the corner as well. Used to pick up copies of old music magazines and issues of 2000AD for 10p in there.

man the comics in there were/are off the hook too!

Pearsall said:
I liked the book one around the corner as well. Used to pick up copies of old music magazines and issues of 2000AD for 10p in there.

I remember buying issues of Superboy and other comics for around the same price....in fact I need to go back there.....

to go back to the original poster, im gonna be bait again and say Neighbourhood for a nightspot but DO NOT go Ion Bar as the management and service is the worst I've ever experienced in my short life....

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Haha Ion Bar is awful! I remember going years ago and that shit was way too expensive, and the service was awful (I don't mind bad service if a place is cheap, but if you're charging an extra pound for a drink compared to a normal pub, the workers better be fucking nice).

Badmarsh

GO to Ginglik on Shepherds Bush Green - proper west london crowd in the place.

Check out westbourne studio's if u want to drink in a really cool area.

loadsa places in me manor