common / kanye "go"

believekevin

So far "Go" is the uncontested hazy stoop jam of the summer. Is anyone else listening to this record? I like that it's a Chicago collaborative.. lots of neighborhood references. Having Kanye produce so much gives it real consistency of sound unlike so many other hiphop LPs.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Really enjoying the album.

There's some dud tracks.. in fact, I don't particularly like 'Go'.. that bit "on the count of three / all run back to your fantasy" or whatever just sounds a bit ... shit. :D Nah, it reminds me of the kind of thing you get in dumb raps over prog house tracks. Prog house? Commercial dance? Aerobics music? Whatevr you call it.

But yeah, generally great. I was hooked when I saw 'The Food' on the Chapelle Show. Just sounded so big and fun compared to 'Electric Circus' or whatever that was called. He certainly sounds a bit defensive about it... can't remember which track but he does have a few lines about people calling him whack and now he's back. Oh yeah, it's when he's comparing himself to Jesus. :) Ahahaha...

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Plus the cuts in 'Chi-City' actually sound good! Can't remember the last time I was excited about scratching in a hip-hop track. Good ol' A-Trak, proving it can be done with taste and actually contribute to the track. Or something. :p