PDA

View Full Version : common / kanye "go"

believekevin
12-06-2005, 05:24 AM
So far "Go" is the uncontested hazy stoop jam of the summer. Is anyone else listening to this record? I like that it's a Chicago collaborative.. lots of neighborhood references. Having Kanye produce so much gives it real consistency of sound unlike so many other hiphop LPs.

Badmarsh
12-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes...sick tune.

michael
01-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Really enjoying the album.

There's some dud tracks.. in fact, I don't particularly like 'Go'.. that bit "on the count of three / all run back to your fantasy" or whatever just sounds a bit ... shit. :D Nah, it reminds me of the kind of thing you get in dumb raps over prog house tracks. Prog house? Commercial dance? Aerobics music? Whatevr you call it.

But yeah, generally great. I was hooked when I saw 'The Food' on the Chapelle Show. Just sounded so big and fun compared to 'Electric Circus' or whatever that was called. He certainly sounds a bit defensive about it... can't remember which track but he does have a few lines about people calling him whack and now he's back. Oh yeah, it's when he's comparing himself to Jesus. :) Ahahaha...

michael
01-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Plus the cuts in 'Chi-City' actually sound good! Can't remember the last time I was excited about scratching in a hip-hop track. Good ol' A-Trak, proving it can be done with taste and actually contribute to the track. Or something. :p