the new lethal b album 'against all odds'

gumdrops

what with all the fuss over the kano and roll deep full-lengths, people seem to have completely overlooked the forthcoming lethal b album. cant say im looking forward to it that much, as im not a huge fan of the way lethal is rapping these days, i find it a bit too jarring, much preferred his more sinuous style he used during the more fire crew days. am curious to see if he makes a whole album out of no and pow-type songs though. anyone heard it yet?

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
you haven't exactly put forward a compelling case for not "overlooking" this album that no one has heard yet...

Clubberlang

I am way more excited about this record (and this is the first I've heard it named) than the Kano album (or the Roll Deep album--which I pretty much had resigned myself to disappointment.) Only the possibility of a Newham Generals album elicits more glee on my part. But yeah "overlooked" is the wrong word (I mean unless there is a tracklist and art floating around that I don't know about.)

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I think it could be pretty fun, as long as they limit the appearances by the rest of Fire Camp (Lethal is the only mc in Fire Camp I even vaguely rate). I think the next single 'Uh-Oh' is pretty cool (it sounds quite a bit like 'Hype Hype' but then Sticky has been recycling his sound for years).

dev79

i think fumin is big. he's the only one from the firecamp/boundry crew that really sticks out to me besides lethal...i'm very interested to hear the lethal b album...

Pearsall said:
I think it could be pretty fun, as long as they limit the appearances by the rest of Fire Camp (Lethal is the only mc in Fire Camp I even vaguely rate). I think the next single 'Uh-Oh' is pretty cool (it sounds quite a bit like 'Hype Hype' but then Sticky has been recycling his sound for years).

Clubberlang

On the bio tab of Lethal's site is what basically amounts to a tracklist. Except for "No" and "Uh oh" it all looks like new stuff. Exciting!

nonseq

Absolutely terrible lyrics if I understand them correctly. It doesn't sound like they are delivered with irony, like in Pharaohe Monch 'Simon Says'. I won't buy this shit for the same reason I won't buy crunk, snoop dogg etc. Fuck those ignorant, misogynic fools glamourizing drugsdealing and violence. Buy that shit and you subsidize what functions as a hate spreading campaign.

[NAPPA]
I'll crack your scull
leave u fucked up in da wheel chair
if u
try 2 clash this evil breeh

and again

I'll crack your scull
leave u fucked up in da wheel chair
if u
try 2 clash this evil breeh

[JAMAKABI]
rude bwoy fi just seckle
don't let jamakabi ga draw fi d metal
not d gun
me draw for d belt buckle
I mek a bigga boy feel say im likkle
just swing my belt roun like a num chukal
bus u head
n mek your head n mek you blood start trickle
1 more like
fi mek d pussy hole tumble
great d breh with a fiss ful of knucle

[NEEKO]
kila kila
real real
niggas know d deal deal
don't care how u feel
I wil b cocking back my steel
strait
bullets bullets
run run
fire fire
bun bun
if u don't like killa killa
u can suck your mom
u can suck your mom

Blackdown

nexKeysound
my fave on the LP is the vocal of Plasticman's 'funeral vibez,' a haunting minimal track - one of plastic's most moving beats. lethal uses it to talk about being dropped.

outraygeous

well looks like hell be goin 2 plastic man again to get another funeral vibes coz hes gona get get dropped alllll over again

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
dev79 said:
i think fumin is big. he's the only one from the firecamp/boundry crew that really sticks out to me besides lethal...i'm very interested to hear the lethal b album...

Yeah, Fumin's not bad, although I've got to say that in my opinion his voice kind of grates after more than a couple of tracks.

dev79

Pearsall said:
Yeah, Fumin's not bad, although I've got to say that in my opinion his voice kind of grates after more than a couple of tracks.

yeah i feel u on that....i like him when he does a verse on tracks with other cats...since his voice is unique it's a kool change up against other mc's...some of his solo tracks are kool, but too much and his tone gets tiring...

hint

party record with a siren
fumin's great - got a bit of control over his flow and knows how to pitch his voice to a track

gumdrops

i think fumin is shit! still got to check this lethal album out though. i rate ozzie b and neeko much higher than fumin.

gumdrops

i like this album. lethal is a bit repetitive and the album feels quite short, but its got a lot of grime bangers on there, even if ive heard most of them already. this is probably the most 'grime' of all the recent grime-artist albums. even then though, its not as 'garage' as more fire crew's album was - which makes me wonder if grime artists need to like grime just that little bit more.

gumdrops

the album? i got a burn of a cd-r of it from someone with a promo (it hasnt leaked on the net as far as i know, in case youre wondering).

Tha Megatron

I hope people don't overlook some of the other albums out since alot of the big ones are all coming out at the same time. It even makes it harder for me to decide which CD i want to drop $20-30 import bux on first. So in the end i said to myself "get Lord of the Decks 3" dvd and get music, videos and interviews for a great price.
Back to Lethal B...album does look pretty interesting but i think if he had released it right at the hieght of "FWD Riddim" it might have gained alot more buzz than it has now...not saying it doesnt have a buzz but it seem like more writers and people on the net are excited more about the Roll Deep and Kano album.

mega