PDA

View Full Version : FWD Last night

Red Rooster
17-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Wow...

What a great night, Geeneus & Slimzee were joined by Riko, Sier, Dogzilla and Crazy D - was really vibezin in there for that set...

But the maddest part of the night was seeing Jammer and Skepta going sick over Youngsta's dubstep set. Very different and very much a welcomed change to the usual FWD blueprint.

Excellent night, can't wait to see Logan play there in two weeks time!

Blackdown
17-06-2005, 11:34 AM
more excursions over the dubstep/grime border... :)

outraygeous
17-06-2005, 12:59 PM
my head hurts

2 much bass, can i do one of them no win no fee things against plastic people??

bassnation
17-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Wow...

What a great night, Geeneus & Slimzee were joined by Riko, Sier, Dogzilla and Crazy D - was really vibezin in there for that set...

But the maddest part of the night was seeing Jammer and Skepta going sick over Youngsta's dubstep set. Very different and very much a welcomed change to the usual FWD blueprint.

Excellent night, can't wait to see Logan play there in two weeks time!

i went to fwd last night, first time i've checked dubstep in a club environment. was pretty blown away, absolutely cannot believe the amount of bass from that system, you can pretty much breath it in that tiny room. it really hits you in the pit of your stomach - am i right in thinking that there seems to be more attack in dubstep subbass than in jungle? it slaps you about a lot more. the whole thing reminded me more of a jah shaka event than a rave.

youngstas set was the highlight for me - loved the way the mcs flow was used in a textural and rhythmic sense, fitted so well with the music. desperate to find one of the tracks he played - really heavy roller with these rhythm and sound style reggae pads reverbed to motherfuck. anyone got a clue? doesn't he work in a record shop in london, maybe i could check that shop and see if i can find it.

simon silverdollar
17-06-2005, 01:18 PM
i think youngsta works in blackmarket records.

i think i need to stop being so lazy and get to Fwd. and that dubstep night they do at Mass in brixton as well.

3underscore
17-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah, youngsta works down at Blackmarket - he's a dead on lad.

I reckon, under the vague description, that it will be coki's new track on DMZ05. Though it could be several other things.

Blackdown
17-06-2005, 03:59 PM
do you mean DMZ04? DMZ05 doesnt exist. and Youngsta didnt play Coki's Mood Dub or Officer (DMZ04)

Coxy
17-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Hmm, not so keen on the incomprehensible shouty MCs, and the DJs pulling up dubs just 'cos they're one-offs or 'cos the MC merked someone/said some cunt's name... mentioning no names etc.

Looking forward to the dubstep special myself... though can't seem to find the line-up online anymore?

Youngsta and Loefah are proper running things for me at the moment. Plus looking forward to the DMZ bash - should be big like Jacko's legal bill.

Badmarsh
17-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Last night was the best forward in over a year or so.

Good to see the whole scene turning out pretty much.

People don't understand about the slaughta mc's.....

Blackdown
17-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Essentials were there too, shame they didnt touch the mic

3underscore
17-06-2005, 04:32 PM
do you mean DMZ04? DMZ05 doesnt exist. and Youngsta didnt play Coki's Mood Dub or Officer (DMZ04)

Yeah, I was guessing 04. But there kinda is a DMZ05 - apparently they are already up to about #12 already sorted, and I'd bet there are dubs about. Can't think what it is - I am sat in an office! Is worth a call into BlackMkt as they have had a huge back-catalogue drop.

Blackdown
17-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I was guessing 04. But there kinda is a DMZ05 - apparently they are already up to about #12 already sorted, and I'd bet there are dubs about. Can't think what it is - I am sat in an office! Is worth a call into BlackMkt as they have had a huge back-catalogue drop.

nah there's no DMZ12 lol, DMZ04 is the only one that can be spoken about with any certainty, trust me.

mpc
17-06-2005, 05:32 PM
DMZ12 will be released in about 2012.

let's go to the next fwd>>>>>>> simon, as long as that bloody logan sama isn't playing (only joking logan...)

i was gonna go yesterday cos i knew loads of people were gonna turn up but i couldn't be arsed

joenice
17-06-2005, 11:19 PM
I heard Youngsta smacked it last night.

Making the journey in September. If you live in London, there's no excuse to not get to FWD>>.
I LOVE THAT PLACE.

Blackdown
18-06-2005, 07:33 AM
i think Paul Autonomic was there, skepta or jammer or someone bigged him up for travelling so far to visit FWD>>. he 'did a Joe Nice' you could say.

Badmarsh
18-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Certain heads are getting a little bit vex'd that these grimes boys are encroaching on their space. No names mentioned...but I was in conversation with a few man and they were like hmmmmmmm....

Blackdown
18-06-2005, 11:49 AM
you're late (http://www.dubplate.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=2207&PagePosition=1) to the debate...

Logan Sama
19-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Hold tight the one post crew.

Your (anonymous) time.

Hope you really, really hate the loads of noisey grime with MC's shouting over it. :D

Coxy
19-06-2005, 11:43 AM
I don't hate the 'noisey (sic) grime', but the 'MC's (sic) shouting over it' are another matter.

Hold tight the dodgy spelling and bad grammar crew.

'You're tyme'.

Am I not allowed an opinion until I post a bit more?!

mms
19-06-2005, 11:46 AM
fuck i keep on missing this.
mix it up its all good.

Logan Sama
19-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Correcting grammar and spelling on an internet forum is not the lick.

'e' is next to the 's' key

"MC's" was slackness

Badmarsh
19-06-2005, 12:11 PM
you're late (http://www.dubplate.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=2207&PagePosition=1) to the debate...

Haha - not really I'm quite at the centre of it, but shan't reveal myself...put it this way, you and I know each other well.

nine
19-06-2005, 12:35 PM
the somewhat cowardly, bitter people who started that thread on dubplate.net under pseudonyms were talkin rubbish...end of. . .

you just had to hear how heavy skepta was on youngstas set, and riko and sier earlier, and d double on tubby a few weeks ago to hammer the final nail into the coffin of that argument

as k-punk loves to say, 'debate is idiot distraction'

and the dubstep tune someone was looking for the name of earlier in this thread is probably Skream's 'I', flip to 'Late Nite Caller' . thats a monster

Badmarsh
19-06-2005, 12:40 PM
There's so many bitter people in dubstep its no joke!

Amuses me greatly - they should ligten up and take heed of the fact that this sound is going to be huge and make them mad rich!

Skepta was off the hook...

So was Dangerous MC...

Slaughta MC's need to be checked.

mpc
19-06-2005, 01:20 PM
so which MCs will be at the next fwd>>>>>>>>>>>?

also, people complaing on the dubplate.net forum are very strange . as far as i can see, they were slagging off newham generals, but they all seem to love crazy d, who just talks over the records. hmmmnn...

nine
19-06-2005, 01:23 PM
don't get it twisted
the bitterness on that thread was coming from a breaks direction
and was aimed at both dubstep people and grime djs/mcs

crazy d and dangerous b2b were very lively, as always
but i just don't understand why slt mob don't release some vocal tracks

mpc
19-06-2005, 01:24 PM
"Don't judge a banana by it's skin."

Badmarsh
19-06-2005, 01:25 PM
^They are. I'm getting some of them to work on a few tracks for me as well, for release.

Talking about breaks...I really dont see why breaks people should be bitter, when there is a much bigger avenue for success through that scene, already set in place.

What truly annoyed me and this might give my identity away was people speaking on behalf of my entity.

mpc
19-06-2005, 01:26 PM
so, go on kode. dish the dirt. who was doing the slagging off?

i'm blaming jay da flex.

Badmarsh
19-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Oh and you want to see some real forum fun and games?

http://www.breakbeatworldwide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3163&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Check that out: DJ Quest of Cyberfunk Records hacked into the Breaks FM website...he's now being prosecuted. The guy who owns breaksfm - DJ Bionic of Sunz of Mecha - who also owns a distribution company but one that hasn't paid many artists....

Dubstep is but mere kiddie talk compared to other scenes.

nine
19-06-2005, 01:28 PM
but thats just given it away hasn't it

nine
19-06-2005, 01:31 PM
my money is on el sid of hotflush being badmarsh

correct me if i'm wrong, i'm sure you will

nine
19-06-2005, 01:34 PM
so, go on kode. dish the dirt. who was doing the slagging off?

don't know who 'Hawkarse' and 'Wise old git', but at least they've found their true names

Badmarsh
19-06-2005, 01:38 PM
my money is on el sid of hotflush being badmarsh

correct me if i'm wrong, i'm sure you will

I am a badmarsh after all...find out what that word means, its hindi.

Badmarsh
19-06-2005, 01:55 PM
I urge everyone to read that Breakbeat Worldwide post....i just read the whole thing....that is some very serious shit going down...considering the people involved are very bignames in the breaks scene.

Dayumn.

mms
19-06-2005, 08:23 PM

yes that is a very curious thing, specially as they have a number of mcs in their mob,and they're always good.

Badmarsh
19-06-2005, 09:16 PM
They are!!! They confirmed it...I think they were just waiting for the masses to realise the utter rawness they bring to the mic. MC Vicious is in a league of his own when he gets going.

joenice
19-06-2005, 09:41 PM
i think Paul Autonomic was there, skepta or jammer or someone bigged him up for travelling so far to visit FWD>>. he 'did a Joe Nice' you could say.
excellent !

gumdrops
19-06-2005, 10:17 PM
wish i saw this. will have to make a point of attending the next FWD if this is the way it's going....

mms
19-06-2005, 10:27 PM
I am a badmarsh after all...find out what that word means, its hindi.

why the need though?
why do you feel you have to be like that?
anyway there is already one trickster archetype on here in the form of loki :D

bassnation
20-06-2005, 08:43 AM
and the dubstep tune someone was looking for the name of earlier in this thread is probably Skream's 'I', flip to 'Late Nite Caller' . thats a monster

wicked, thank you - and great to meet you at the night, btw kode. definitely going to be bringing my crew to the next one.

a trip to blackmarket one lunchtime this week is in order too!

Badmarsh
20-06-2005, 09:54 AM
why the need though?
why do you feel you have to be like that?
anyway there is already one trickster archetype on here in the form of loki :D

Coz I spout alot of shit sometimes...and I'd rather protect my name/label...in my weaker moments.

It's all good.

hint
20-06-2005, 01:51 PM

they've just done that splurt track with landslide, haven't they? that's ssssmashing.

mms
20-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Coz I spout alot of shit sometimes...and I'd rather protect my name/label...in my weaker moments.

It's all good.

that's not the one though.
it makes it worse when you get found out, when the traits become obvious and you just turn into a lumpen troll rather than a sprightly trickster.
besides a real trickster pulls pranks and exposes serious powerful things, not stuff like fellow musicians and music lovers over niche production techniques and passing feelings.

but spec for the confession. :D

Tactics
22-06-2005, 05:48 PM
I LOVE IT when people start complaining about their scene possibly getting big....lol.... :D

mpc
22-06-2005, 06:07 PM
oh god, he's back...

only joking. lol etc.