Kelly Clarkson Rulez!!!1

turtles

in the sea
Seriously, "Since U Been Gone" and "Behind These Hazel Eyes" are the top two singles of the year, hands down. I fight anyone who says otherwise to the death. To the death!!

originaldrum

from start till done
bipedaldave said:
Seriously, "Since U Been Gone" and "Behind These Hazel Eyes" are the top two singles of the year, hands down. I fight anyone who says otherwise to the death. To the death!!

dave man, lay of the pipe man

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i'd have to agree they've both been pretty great - and not being american, i missed out on kelly's whole reality show creation, so to me it's just good music, no baggage (not that girls aloud haven't already proved it doesn't matter how you get started if you're good at what you do).
dave, between you and me we'll teach these guys a thing or two!

turtles

in the sea
originaldrum said:
dave man, lay of the pipe man
hohoho, i may or may not have been sober when i posted that, but i certainly was listening to kelly clarkson! (as I am right now actually)

I mean really, the chorus of both those songs (they are kinda similar...) are just so life-affirming and joyous...MY GOD! i lose it everytime i hear them

i see no one has taken me up on my offer to fight to the death though... :D

turtles

in the sea
greeneyes said:
pfft, she's no Amerie!
DIE!!! ;)

actually amerie's great too, but there's tons of good r&b out there. i can't remember the last pop-rock song as good as kelly's last two singles

originaldrum

from start till done
bipedaldave said:
hohoho, i may or may not have been sober when i posted that, but i certainly was listening to kelly clarkson! (as I am right now actually)

I mean really, the chorus of both those songs (they are kinda similar...) are just so life-affirming and joyous...MY GOD! i lose it everytime i hear them

i see no one has taken me up on my offer to fight to the death though... :D

i shouldna been so harsh there dave, sorry mate, and anyways, i like phil collins, ....

Buick6

too punk to drunk
she's a guilty pleasure of the highest order! Seriously! Her singles are 'perfect pop'. She has a great voice that can take on different personas, and her songwriters deliver that perfect girlie-american indie-influence sound.

'Since you been gone' is a great 'quiet-loud-quiet' by-the-numbers indie-'anthem', and 'breakaway' has a fantastic folky-looping hook. I reckon she's the best thing in commerical pop since the 'New Bohemians' or whatever they were called.

did she win American idol?

Last edited:

Tim F

These two songs are great, yeah. "Since You've Been Gone" is probably in my top ten for the year.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Tim F said:
These two songs are great, yeah. "Since You've Been Gone" is probably in my top ten for the year.

That's political statement!

Does that mean 'indie rock' is now a 'roots' music worthy of a MOJO article????!!!!

ROTFLMAO!! :D

Buick6

too punk to drunk
originaldrum said:
was that edie brickel?, i though that was a strange memory from my childhood...

I think they were the 'New Radicals' or 'young radicals' or 'Free Radicals'..

The song with the 'courtney Love and Marilyn Mansons live in Masions and we'll kick their asses' refrain.

It was a 'Simon Reynolds special' a few years ago! Good song though.