r kelly's "trapped in the closet" suite

C

captain easychord

i haven't seen the video. is there a video for the entire thing or just one part?

joenice

Miriam Gonzalez lover....
for all his "indiscretions", R Kelly is a genius.

He's the best songwriter since Lionel Richie. This is brilliant work.

gumdrops

he has thirty five of these sequels apparently, youll all be pleased to hear. r kelly is obviously barking, im surprised more people dont notice that hes pretty unhinged! i hope the new album has something as good as step in the name of love.

Dubquixote

Submariner
r. kel is genius.

the bits i've heard have sounded epic. and ya gotta respect someone finally having the guts to attempt a what's going on at this moment in rnb.

tox

Factory Girl
This is the funniest thing I have heard/seen on music television for ages. You can catch part one here with two and three available as audio. Still waiting for parts four and five!

Some of the lyrics crack me up so much, my favourite bits probably being when he asks about going out the window and when he tries to turn his phone to vibrate. Love it.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
gumdrops said:
he has thirty five of these sequels apparently, youll all be pleased to hear. r kelly is obviously barking, im surprised more people dont notice that hes pretty unhinged! i hope the new album has something as good as step in the name of love.

I thought the consensus post-video-of-him-indulging-in-a-bit-of-the-old-wet-n-wild-with-a-fifteen-year-old was that he is batshit insane?

(apologies for the amount of dashes in this post)

soundslike1981

Rachel Verinder said:
can someone explain why r kelly gets a free pass and michael jackson, jonathan king and gary glitter don't?

Re: MJ at least, it's probably to do with the idea that "at least" R. Kelly's paedophelia was heterosexual, no? I mean, would most "moralistic" middle-westerners prefer a grown man using a female adolescent to any gay relationship?

D

droid

soundslike1981 said:
Re: MJ at least, it's probably to do with the idea that "at least" R. Kelly's paedophelia was heterosexual, no? I mean, would most "moralistic" middle-westerners prefer a grown man using a female adolescent to any gay relationship?

No . Regardless of the gender of the victim - Its still rape. (technically at least)

Noah Baby Food

Rachel Verinder said:
can someone explain why r kelly gets a free pass and michael jackson, jonathan king and gary glitter don't?

Bang on - been wondering about this for ages.

Gary Glitter - material on his computer, no evidence or charges actually regarding TOUCHING anyone - totally ostracized by all, never hear his music anymore (can you even still get his records?), has to move to Brazil or something and shave his head

R Kelly - video evidence of him fucking an underage girl (apparently she looks really blank and scared while this is happening) then PISSING IN HER MOUTH...and everyone's queuing up to work with him! you what?!

gumdrops

Dubquixote said:
a gotta respect someone finally having the guts to attempt a what's going on at this moment in rnb.

seriously, this is nothing like a whats going on. not at all. its conceptual R&B/soul, but thats about as far as it goes.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I just watched the video linked further upthread on R Kelly's site. Man. Really funny, really lame. I like heaps of R&B but all the emoting never, ever sounds genuine to me, so when it's applied to what is rightly described as a "soap opera" it's extra funny.

Nothing inventive about it that I could spot. That it's happening in a song video format vs. off Broadway may be vaguely inventive.

Re: Kelly still being an acceptable guy to work with, there are obviously all kinds of double standards around and the Jackson thing has its own special thing going which is more about lynching freaks, I reckon. But yeah, if there's evidence he was actually a dirty fag (because that's synonymous with being a kiddy fiddler, right?) then I'm sure he would be very much ostracised.

Also, 15 is a year under the age of consent in a lot of places (although Melchior told me last week it's 18 in most of the states?) and I think some take this kind of thing as of a different order from touching up a 10 year old. Puberty has kicked in, "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed" and all that. There aren't those kinds of jokes tied into macho bravado about raping 5 year olds.

*shrug* Who really knows why there's a public lynching over some things and not others, though? I hate all this relative weighting of wrongs and evils. I think I'd find being involved in anything to do with criminal law really hard.

Oh and that shit about fags and kiddy fiddlers and being old enough to bleed is certainly not how I view things. I find it's best to chuck in a few disclaimers on the intarweb, just in case... I learnt the hard way after sending what was supposed to be a satirical email to a mailing list with the title "Stinking Jews". A lot of people hadn't read the email I was satirising. :eek:

soundslike1981

droid said:
No . Regardless of the gender of the victim - Its still rape. (technically at least)

Obviously I didn't mean legally, or admittedly. Just guessing at the male psyche of sexual morality in America.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
R Kelly is certified nucking futs.

R.jpg

hint

party record with a siren
he certainly has issues

I guess the bottom line is that he continued to release music that people liked while all the controversy was brewing, and that is not the case with Gary Glitter or Jacko. Perhaps Jacko would be seen in a different light if he'd accepted that LP from the Neptunes?

Are there regular news items on MTV Base or The Box? prehaps this is at the root of it - many of R's fans might not have been informed of the details of the case.

gabriel

The Heatwave
15 is also over the age of consent in many countries (e.g. Spain)

personally, the main reason i don't care about r kelly's indiscretions (compared to e.g. glitter/jackson) is that he's really fucking good. and they're both shite. in a similar way i am able to ignore the homophobia of beenie man and sizzla, while i find anti-gay tunes by (e.g.) harry toddler to be appalling and offensive.

:confused: