RFI: Summer raving in the London(-ish) area

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Anyone know of any outdoor parties going on in and around London (sorry for the UK/capital-centric theme!) during the summer? All I know of so far are those organised by Wang (see wanging.com), the first of which is scheduled for next Saturday...

gabriel

The Heatwave
i really want to organise one, but couldn't think of anywhere suitable to do it. if someone can come up with a decent venue, i'll sort it out :D

piratestyle

Is the Wang outdoor rave still a-happening? Or they just leaving details til the very last minute, I've heard nothing at all since the email a few weeks back & wanna make plans for my birthday this weekend......

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I'm helping to put on a 2-day street party in Hackney (Vyner St) on August bank holiday (yeah, gonna give those notting hill cats a run for their money)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Question about Wang - it's now prob on next weekend (9th), due to problems getting hold of the soundsystem or something (didn't receive an email; I phoned to find out).

You guys are stellar - OCB sounds cool...presuming no car is necessary to get there since it's in zone 2 or 3?

Bun-U - what kind of vibe is the festival in Hackney - sim to NH, or completely different?

bun-u

Trumpet Police
It’ll probably be a little different than Notting Hill …definitely in size anyway (as you’d expect), but there will be a mixture of bands and djs and the possibility of a little cabaret (a new bar down that way who are interested in getting involved have just put on a drag-play about the life of Bucks Fizz’s Jay Ashton!).

I’m in the process of getting the permissions and road closure sorted out and also bringing together that bar, a more traditional pub and some art galleries on the street to agree on the format, logistics etc. Once all that’s agreed – and it should be in a couple of weeks – I’ll probably be back here asking for interested bands/djs to volunteer their services. The music/vibe will then depend on who comes forward…though I’ll do my best to enforce a little quality control…

gabriel

The Heatwave
bun-u said:
I’ll probably be back here asking for interested bands/djs to volunteer their services.

sounds fun. i'll volunteer :cool:

dancehall, reggae, soca, r'n'b, reggaeton, hip hop, grime, jungle

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
baboon2004 said:
You guys are stellar - OCB sounds cool...presuming no car is necessary to get there since it's in zone 2 or 3?

no car needed, ring in time and jump on the tube/bus, this lot are a great bunch, a rare friendly&sorted collective in the free party scene, they do it coz they love it, nuff said.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
wonk_vitesse said:
no car needed, ring in time and jump on the tube/bus, this lot are a great bunch, a rare friendly&sorted collective in the free party scene, they do it coz they love it, nuff said.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Friendly AND no car needed? Almost too good to be true. The people who run Wang are absolutely lovely too, so great to see the acid house era 'ideal' surviving in some form.

Last edited: