Wisdom of hairdressers

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I find often when I get a haircut I find myself just nodding politely as whoever is chopping away is telling me something fairly surreal.

Had a bit of a cracker today.

There's been a 7 year drought here. The woman who cut my hair told me that the talk of droughts in Australia was ridiculous.

"Just go to the beach and look at the sea. It's right there! See the waves? What do you think they're for? It's the sea waving at us, trying to get our attention! 'Helloooo! I'm here!! Don't forget about all this water!'"

I shyly asked about the levels of salt in the sea. She said she was confident "we" had the technology to fix that up, plus "there's a lot of souls in need of a job, right?"

Then she explained that the whole talk of droughts was just government scare tactics to keep everyone subdued. "They could change it if they wanted to, but it suits them!"

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
I had a Livipuldian barber down the road who was telling me that he "gets all his news from the internet, cos the papers don't print what's really going on". He was very excited about aliens, mayan batteries and chariots of the sky.

One of the guys who worked for him has a little boy, who's mum obviously ran off. He spent time teling me how I likes to play the kid hard rock songs about evil women so he understands what they're really like.

I went back to shaving my own head.