eBay finds for da massive.

Woebot

Been scouting round eBay and found a great tune at a good price. Something you already own? Why not share it with the massive?

appleblim

i have a cool LP on Y called 'birth of the y' which has a decent pulsallama song on it.....kind a of a chanty all female groove thing........not heard anything else tho.....

i have to say i was well dissappointed with the Glxo Babies i have heard.....not nearly as funky or experimental as This Heat or Pop Group.....quite bland i thought....

labrat

hot on the heels of love
Pusallama's "the devil lives in my husbands body" is funny/odd (bit like a tribal B52'S)
Nifty but don't pay loads it's erring on the side of "novelty"

dannyDMX

Glaxo Babies

hello, very occasional poster here, just want to comment on Glaxo Babies. They were a weird band that featured a major line-up and sound change, so they have 2 distinct styles, and within each of those styles, quite a bit of variety. Initially they were a post-punk rock band who wrote angular, somewhat aggressive, somewhat poppy songs, most of which only came out AFTER the second phase on the Put Me on the Guest List LP. I love this stuff. Probably chronologically after this were 2 excellent singles, the This is Your Life 12" ep and Christine Keeler 7". This stuff sounds like very poppy pop group. After these, the singer left I believe and the music became more errattic, more experimental, but occasionally more funky. The production became much dubbier and while some of this stuff is really intense, it doesn't have the pop or punk feel of the earlier records. The Limited Entertainment single and Nine Months to the Disco LP are from this period. A few tracks are real punk-funk killers. tracks like Maximum Sexual Joy(recently bootlegged on some kind of "death disco" 12"), and Limited Entertainment. The rest of Nine Months to the Disco is straight up "experimental", kind of interesting, kind of aimless. I am however a big fan and supporter, especially of some of the "pop" songs from the early phase, Avoiding the Issue, This is Your Life, the version of Who Killed Bruce Lee from the This is Your Life ep(a "version" appears on Put Me on the Guest List.)

more info can be found at Heartbeat, which was a major Bristol punk label:

http://www.heartbeat-productions.co.uk

J

jimbackhouse

all the best der plan / pyrolator is still in print and available from http://www.atatak.de/ themselves.

i'd start with der plan: geri reig / normalette surprise cd + pyrolator: ausland.

Woebot

Jim Daze said:
matt, where can i get Der Plan and stuff like that ?

jim's right. but (whispers) also try ebay.de>NDW here
http://musik.listings.ebay.de/Deuts...Z1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ7780QQsocmdZListingItemList

theres loads there at the moment:
http://musik.search.ebay.de/der-pla...ZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ3QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

this is cool:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Der-Plan-Da-vorn...oryZ7780QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'm trying to get the wire to let me do an NDW primer at the moment (with a tie-in show on kosmische thanks to jim, mark and leo) the radio show may materialise on its own, but (fingers crossed) you never know.......

dominic

Beast of Burden
labrat said:
Pusallama's "the devil lives in my husbands body" is funny/odd (bit like a tribal B52'S)
Nifty but don't pay loads it's erring on the side of "novelty"

i think it's a classic -- very danceable

nomos

Administrator
Bah! I just lost an auction for 30 ras clart dubplates with 6 seconds to go. Look at this list...

1.Bounce - Roll Deep*/ What Could I Do - Wiley
2.Masterplan Rmx - El B /*Zulu - El B
3.Dem Na Ready Yet Vip - Macabre / I Keep - Nng
4.Dem Lotts Ere - Sticky Vocal Rmx / Sticky Dub Rmx
5.Pulse 4x4 - ??? / Snake Charma - Shortee
6.Dirty Games - Steve Gurley & Glenn Woods (1 Side)
7.Exclusives - Chris Lockdown
8.Exclusives - Chris Lockdown
9.Dancehall Fever / Sexy Bunnies - Zed Bias
10.Diamond Rings Rmx / Dancehall Fever Rmx - El B
11.So Long / Deeper - Zed Bias (Sidewinder)
12.What Vip / U Aint Ready Vip - ????
13.Boing / Ring The Alarm - Zed Bias
14.Believe Me Rmx - ??? / Da Firm ???
15.Digital -*El B & Juiceman / Dan Danna Rmx - ???
16.Beatbox - El B & Juiceman /
17.Akuma / Ginger Beer - Macabre Unit
18.Not Relevant - Macabre Unit / ??? - J*
19.Hoe Vip*/ Go Vip - ??? / Tulips - Macabre Unit
20.Dirty B***Ard / Scarface*- Real Deal
21.Saved Souls Rmx - ???*/ My Yoot - Xp Crew
22.Rat Race - Danny Weed / ??? - Macabre
23.Slow Ting - Danny Weed / ?????*- Shaq
24.Dark Dogz / Bulletproof - Sirus
25.Wherever You Are Dub & Vocal - Zed Bias
26.Some Girls - Troublesome / Release Da Hound
27.Creepycrawler - Terra Danja / Gunshot - Skepta
28.Quickting / Shooting Stars - Macabre Unit
29.Megamix - ???? / ??? - Maxwell*D
30.Latino / Urban Myth - El B & Juiceman*

Note: If it was one of you lot who snookered me, I hate you ;) and would you care to punt off one or two of those macabre dubs?

Blackdown

nexKeysound
fuckries is that someone like Principal selling his dubplate collection? who had all those Zed and El-B dubs (can't be Jayda cos he's never have Hoe)?

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
The last couple of weeks the vinyl auctions for dance music from North America have been totally dead. My watchlist is empty for the first time in a while and not because I decided to stop buying.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
droid said:
Thats also been re-issued a few times on that Tearin Vinyl 'classics' series along with 'the License', and a few other bits and pieces...

Christ, is there anything about ragga or ragga jungle you don't know droid? :)

mms

sometimes
droid said:
Thats also been re-issued a few times on that Tearin Vinyl 'classics' series along with 'the License', and a few other bits and pieces...

the licence remix is the one - also re-released - so fucking mental