Oh fuck, I hope everyone's alright.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Just saw a news break saying that something, no one's sure whatexactly, has happened on the tube in London. I know there's a lot of Londoners on here, and I'm just hoping everyone's ok.

:(

Rachel Verinder

big series of serial tube station explosions plus at least one bus explosion. at present officially being blamed on LU power surge but nothing's very clear at the moment. naturally timing with the olympic decision invites speculation of terrorists, but nothing is known for sure right now so we're pretty much in the dark.

anyway, i'm in my office at hampstead and i'm fine, though gawd knows how/if i'm going to get home tonight.

john eden

male pale and stale
Seems like it's all going right off, with several explosions on the tube network and at least one bus. 20 dead reported so far.

I'm alright and so is Paul Meme.

Obviously it's best to assume everyone else is ok unless you hear otherwise - people will be contacting family members and stuff (or away from comuters/trying to get home), so may not be posting here

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Of course. I called my mum and dad, who are in London, and the poor things hadn't even heard anything had happened.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I am locked in a government office in Victoria -- nobody allowed in or out.

Pisser cos I had a big workshop planned for the start-up today.

Not sure I can get back to Sheffield tonight.

bassnation

the abyss
2stepfan said:
I am locked in a government office in Victoria -- nobody allowed in or out.

Pisser cos I had a big workshop planned for the start-up today.

Not sure I can get back to Sheffield tonight.

i'm stuck in the department of health building - missed the explosions by 10 minutes as i walked into the aldgate area at 9:00 this morning.

i'm feeling a bit shook up, worried about my mates as i can't get in touch with anyone. someone is saying here that theres also a bomb in leicester square but no-one can confirm. this is fucked.

john eden

male pale and stale
I heard about Leicester Square too. Bear in mind it might be a "controlled explosion" (if it happened at all). Another thing I heard is that a bomb disposal squad blew up a bag of washing at Swindon station!

dominic

Beast of Burden
woebot's madonna post is from one hour before melchior's post starting this thread

not sure if that helps clarify whether he's safe

needless to say i'm sympathetic to concerns and fears of entire london-based dissensus community

are you guys able to communicate using telephone? or are phone lines jammed?

anhhh

what the press says here (spain) its that the calls are restricted, and you can only call to the hospital, etc.

redcrescent

My thoughts are with my London peeps and all Dissensus UK crew today. Hope you and yours are well.

Maximum respect to all emergency and medical personnel from a fellow paramedic. Be strong, and serve the people.

Love,
rc

boomnoise

♫
Got caught up in some madness at Liverpool Street. Heard bus exploding at Tavistock Square, round the corner from my office. Hope everyone else is ok and gets home safely

3underscore

Yeah, I am OK. Locked into a building in Canary Wharf where everything has been stopped. No through traffic, no nothing.