Best Of The Tube Dvd

wavis

Just wondering wot you lot might of thought about this recent release..me hidden agenda, of course, is that I appeared on it as the character The Hard..and was just wonderin' how you thought the comedy stood today? It got a nice review by Andrew Collins in June's The Word. I remember all we got to produce the show was a budget of a mere ten grand - hardly enuff to pay for rolling the credits these days - but, yes, it was the first and perhaps last of its kind. RIP Paula X X x :D :D

labrat

hot on the heels of love
hmmm..
distant memories.
did you use to describe various scenarios and revel in you transgression of the because "im haaarrDa"?
or summink
I seem to recall me & my posse thinking it was HILARIOUS and it became a playground mantra.

(my memorys shot to buggery)

wavis

Best of the Tube Dvd

My dear chap, yer memory aint too bad! Yup, you gottit. The Hard is still a cult figure actually..at the time T-Shirts in Manchester bore the immortal catchphrase 'Felt nowt!' Hmmm, could have been a revival onthe way had he not died of a hard attack a while back.
Anyone else? :D

comradec

wavis said:
I appeared on it as the character The Hard..and was just wonderin' how you thought the comedy stood today?

So that was you, was it?

I found your posting here because I was searching the web for some kind of reference to the hard man character on The Tube .

I've been amusing our 13 year old with impersonations of that character and he's never seen the real thing.

It would be great if there was a website with some downloadable clips from the many sketches you did on the show.