Bombscare

tryptych

waiting for a time
Was at a bar on Friday night in Shoreditch, and one the the DJ's started their set with 2 Bad Mice's "Bombscare". People I was with had mixed reactions... what would yours have been? Appropiate or not?

soundslike1981

It's mainly the banality of the decision to be "risque" in that way that's offensive. Like taking messageboard trolling into real life.

10:02am

I would have considered any such decision deliberate and thus exploitative. Unless it was a totally wickedly necessary track.

spackb0y said:
Was at a bar on Friday night in Shoreditch, and one the the DJ's started their set with 2 Bad Mice's "Bombscare". People I was with had mixed reactions... what would yours have been? Appropiate or not?

what was his second tune??????

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I went to the most ridiculous nathan baley-esque night ever on Saturday....billed around the band Selfish Cunt...it took place at one of the strip venues on hackney rd, with new owners trying to combine the adult entertainment with the hoxton-electroclash-post punk scene for an all-in-one sleazy night out. I didn't hang around for long but long enough to catch SC led by a guy dressed like lou reed from the transformer cover and prancing around the venue like iggy pop and shouting thought-provoking stuff like 'let the bombs kill london' and 'tony blair get out of my hair'. christ it was bad.

bassnation

the abyss
bun-u said:
I went to the most ridiculous nathan baley-esque night ever on Saturday....billed around the band Selfish Cunt...it took place at one of the strip venues on hackney rd, with new owners trying to combine the adult entertainment with the hoxton-electroclash-post punk scene for an all-in-one sleazy night out. I didn't hang around for long but long enough to catch SC led by a guy dressed like lou reed from the transformer cover and prancing around the venue like iggy pop and shouting thought-provoking stuff like 'let the bombs kill london' and 'tony blair get out of my hair'. christ it was bad.

sounds like that "terrorists are gay" art house cinema that barley attended. maybe theres times when we'll be prepared for ponderous irony from these moneyed hipster twats but right now its incoherent and utterly inappropriate.

worrior

Was listening to one station last night and the MC kept chatting about dropping bombs, I'm sure it was just part of his usual flow, but wasnt right. Did Tim Westwood do his bomb soundeffects this weekend?

john eden

male pale and stale
DJL said:
He's not a role model. Restart.

No, no you've got it all wrong. Brian Harvey was like our Altamont, our Charles Manson. The point at which the Summer of Love turned over to... the darkside.

January 1997 was, for many of us, the end of the road.

DJL

i'm joking
john eden said:
No, no you've got it all wrong. Brian Harvey was like our Altamont, our Charles Manson. The point at which the Summer of Love turned over to... the darkside.

January 1997 was, for many of us, the end of the road.

Pills entering E17 was the end? Perhaps a floundered start?