Grime photo exhibition article in Indie

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Haven't seen this mentioned round here -- Indie's Saturday magazine ran a piece on an exhibition called Open Mic: A Life of Grime. Text had the usual howlers but the pix looked quite nice.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
yes, I've a mate who works for the Indie and I'm blagged some tickets off them for the private view on Wednesday. See me: the wine-sipping voyeur of the poor

gabriel

The Heatwave
2stepfan said:
Things like getting names wrong -- Black Ops is Deep Ops. Just stuff the non-cognoscenti journo would miss.

yeah weird that they also got it right elsewhere in the article

cooper

2stepfan said:
Things like getting names wrong -- Black Ops is Deep Ops. Just stuff the non-cognoscenti journo would miss.

also the always-amusing attempt to be up to the time by describing the imminent fragmentation into ESKI and SUB-LOW, complete with explanation that sublow is "so-called because of its low bass frequency."

mms

sometimes
cooper said:
also the always-amusing attempt to be up to the time by describing the imminent fragmentation into ESKI and SUB-LOW, complete with explanation that sublow is "so-called because of its low bass frequency."

A pedant writes: weird that name anyway cos most of the sublow tunes use that more mid freq bass sound rather than exploring sub bass

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I went to this last night (not Weds). The photos were alrightish - nothing special - the now familiar (hip hop style) imagery of bright clothed denizens against grim urban backdrops. The live performances though were good...Lethal B, Skepta, Jammer, Ears, Fumin and others performing to the media-whore Camden crowd.