belgian hardcore track id please

mms

sometimes
track is a heavy acidy thing that reminds me a bit of early coil with a deep voice that starts with a voice saying something like -'this is a designated area'
then after a few bars the same voice goes 'protect the innocent -uphold the law' - its a dark one and it's ace - anyone know what it is?

Last edited:
D

droid

No Idea - but they sound ike Robocop samples...

Im sure thats a lot of help.. ;)

nomos

Administrator
Oh while we're at it, I've had this one on a mix since 1993 and I've never known what it was. It must be Belgian or German...

Long, kind of low synth string intro that's obviously looped. Stomping beat comes in with the bass cut and a siren over top. Arppegiated(?) bass line fades in and German(?) fellow says something backwards. Obligatory angelic "aaaah" and then the real beat comes. Screaming frogs (?) follow. Later a voice saying "let us pray."

Here's a rip: http://www.rhizomatic.org/belgiantune.mp3

Got it! It's not belgian or german - it's british! Casper Pound aka The Hypnotist. The tune is Pioneers Of The Universe (Rising High, 1993). If you like I'll rip it for the Gutterbox this week..

Last edited:

hamarplazt

100% No Soul Guaranteed
DigitalDjigit said:
Just a guess, could it be this:
http://www.discogs.com/release/67388

I've never heard it myself.
I thought of this one too, but it's not the one. It doesn't have the samples mentioned, only one that goes "thank you for your cooperation".

9-10-Boy was Tanith and Mijk van Dijk, and on Taniths previous record for the Bash-label he had a robocop-themed trakc too, called "5 Seconds 2 Terminate". It's in the same style, but again the samples aren't right.

But in any case it's two great records.

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
I was going to say that but the "reverse german dude" and frogs thing threw me off (don't have audio at the moment). I love that track. Something about it felt so natural to me, like I heard it before. I love how about 6 minutes it suddenly kicks up the energy level. There's a remix called Pioneers of the Warped Groove that was even better.

mms

sometimes
DigitalDjigit said:
I was going to say that but the "reverse german dude" and frogs thing threw me off (don't have audio at the moment). I love that track. Something about it felt so natural to me, like I heard it before. I love how about 6 minutes it suddenly kicks up the energy level. There's a remix called Pioneers of the Warped Groove that was even better.

caspar pound rip .
rising high had some good uns eh?

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
mms said:
caspar pound rip .
rising high had some good uns eh?

yeah, Rising High was wicked. I don't like their hardcore so much but their techno and trance was top-notch. Mike Ash (aka Interface, aka Audio Assault) had some unflattering things to say about Caspar Pound. In fact he was nearly frothing at the mouth at the mere mention of him years later on the oldskool list. Apparently he didn't get paid properly and he also acused Pound of putting his name on tracks that were mostly produced by others.

DigitalDjigit said:
Apparently he didn't get paid properly and he also acused Pound of putting his name on tracks that were mostly produced by others.

I think Rising High had a bit of a reputation for being 'slow payers'! I think Pete Namlook once said he'd never work with the label again. I met Pound once...he seemed quite a nice bloke. I handed him a demo tape which he graciously accepted. Never got back to me though, the bastard. Story of my life, innit...

mms

sometimes
Nick Gutterbreakz said:
I think Rising High had a bit of a reputation for being 'slow payers'! I think Pete Namlook once said he'd never work with the label again. I met Pound once...he seemed quite a nice bloke. I handed him a demo tape which he graciously accepted. Never got back to me though, the bastard. Story of my life, innit...

yep i think he was a bit like mother teresa ysee .. dirty habit ......................................... :)

vibert said much the same about cash money and rising high

nomos

Administrator
Wicked Nick! Thanks. I'd love a rip as I've only got this sketchy tape.

Funny cos I'd just been listening to my only piece of Rising High hard core vinyl the other day and it's actually another Hypnotist track.