Berrocal.

Woebot

A friend just gave me a copy of "Flash" (on Alga Marghen), he just said. He's gr-r-rovy, a survivor like Tzartes.

Quite intrigued by this house-music inspired mash-up.

Anyone a fan of his, or can further illuminate me?

Woebot

Thanks Morlu. That Video Aventures track is the bomb.

This from Pascal Bussy's book on Kraftwerk.

Vis a vis "Tour De France:

"It is feasible they were influenced by a record made in 1976 by the French Avant-Garde Musician Jac Berrocal called "Rock'N'Roll Sation" which also used the sounds of pedals, gear ratios and bicycle bells"

J

jimbackhouse

'Paralleles' is the album with 'Rock n Roll Station' on it. Vince Taylor guests on vocals, it's kind of an oblique homage to Russolo, or something. Great album too, veers from free-improv skree to weird electronics and tapes and a lot of it is recorded at different locations around Paris. Alga Marghen reissued that a couple of years back.

Berrocal did a couple of sessions with Steve Stapleton too, parts of which appear on either the 2nd or 3rd (?) NWW album.

Sylvia Hallett does great things with bicycle wheels too.

huffafc

Mumler
I'll also reaffirm the love for Berrocal. I think my favorite track on Paralleles is 'Post-card' which was recorded in a pig sty. All throughout the tumbling improv it sounds like giant machines are crushing some unknown type of animal to death in the background.

I will admit I do get a little bit bored by his rather lengthy solo trumpet tracks. I'm sure to many who are really into to straight improv its great stuff, but I like the fireworks, i.e. moaning pigs and over-the-hill rockstars.