James Jarvis

Woebot

Well I know it'll class me as the saddest kind of twerp, but in my defense I've been a huge fan of Jarvis's for years. I used to collect his flyers, scavenge for his illustration in The Face and other journals etc. We even exchanged emails in the past. He was really nice about Cary Grant (praised the backgrounds, ha ha ha)

Anyway, I went and bought this set plastic figurines and they're wondrous things of beauty. Check out his other ones here. http://www.amostoys.com/

They've also helped me with my 3D modelling (see this thread; http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=1813).

Last edited:

labrat

hot on the heels of love
Although i would not admit it in mixed company I quite like them myself.
however I don't want to share any characeristics with James Lavell other than being human.

these are great.....

Woebot

labrat said:
Although i would not admit it in mixed company I quite like them myself.
however I don't want to share any characeristics with James Lavell other than being human.

ha! you know it!

it's our secret, labrat.

AshRa

I've got the heavy metallers, the house of horrors and the juvenile delinquents (from jap vending machine) i'm really tempted on the wrestlers but these days i'm too skint to justify all that money!

I went to see 'Cube' at the pictures once with JJ - thoroughly nice chap who politely ignored my screaming throughout.

Woebot

the mrs wanted to get me kong for xmas- but the shop stressed her out so much (that evil worthless hell-hole called Magma) that she fled with the frankly second-rate World of Pain dolls.

Diss-claimer: Again (to reiterate) these dolls really aint my sort of thing usually but have an exceptional weakness for James Jarvis's work :D

labrat

hot on the heels of love
WOEBOT said:
(that evil worthless hell-hole called Magma)
there's one in Manchester too.....Christ knows how they make a living -how many books on stencil graffiti does anyone need?