john balance rip

mms

sometimes
yeah poor sods have had to close their label down.
is anyone having a good time at the moment?
my friend john who was going to play at that party said the organisers called him worried as he was only remaining john who was booked to play that party who hasn't died in the last month.

Last edited:

puretokyo

Mercury Blues
Oh god, that's just awful, awful, terrible news. I'm so sorry for Jhon, and for Peter and Ian, and for music in general.

The last month or so has just been a litany of disaster after disaster, hasn't it?

This is just so... unexpected. I could imagine depression and.. but to get pissed and fall off a balcony? Tragedy. Accidents always hurt the most, I find, because there's no explanation and no recriminations.

polystyle

is this the season ... ?

Wow , this has become a serious run of good music people passing over into oblivion .
What's going on ?

nick.K

gabba survivor
iknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknow

how can it all be happening at once

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
Well, this is just quite beyond belief. I am just HORRIFIED at this awful awful news. Coil have served as a gateway to such a very different world... Just what the fuck is going on this month? Even Marc Almond nearly went last but thankfully came through. Absolute love to Ian and Peter, RIP Jhonn...

francesco

Minerva Estassi
i'm devastated since Coil and Johnn Balance had been very important to me for 20 years, since i was a kid, their music opened to me many worlds, since the noises on the first album, my interest in the esoteric and the surreal and the magickal born listening to them and reading their interviews...
... also, they were becoming even more intense in the last years, and now this abrupt end...

then the stupid that is me just ask, why Balance and other great people had to die, why not Bush or Berlusconi?

sorry, like i said, i'm too saddened, it's not fair.

francesco