wiley, plasticman @ 93 feet east - this sat

boomnoise

♫
anyone heading. in my immediate local so i'll be down. would be good to meet up with a few of the dssnss crew. i'm intrigued as to what this will be like and how many of the too cool for school crew turn up.

this is going to be wiley on plasticman, yes?

26786807_987bf49275.jpg

Last edited:

outraygeous

got in and cheeky and wiley were on the set.
nice little room but was fairly empty. couple people knew the deal but mainly people walking thru expreimenting.
cheeky was laying down some 'bait vocals' as wiley put it.

anyway, that set done and plastic steped up
came with the grime beats at 1st, wiley passed the mike to some unknown dude who blessed the mike for most of the evening.
lets say i wasnt feeling this mc.
at points in the night it felt a bit youth club coz the rooom was half empty and there was a low grade mc workin the mike but plastic came thru with some big boy mixes. i know plastic can mix but was good to hear it on the big sytem.
he moved thru all the genres of 'grime'. dropping some vocals, couple of his own tracks and a few specials.

you can tell plastic has built up his dj experince as he played to the crowd, the end of the set got alot more breaky/tecky and the crowd were feeling it, people dancing. some dudes were breaking a realll sweat.

wiley blessed the mike on a few dubstep tunes and it sounded live, pure meditation bizness. he should look into that.

set ended with late nite caller, i dont know if i like this tune yet but it got pulled. its gona b quite big. the bass on the tune makes you meditate.. i was sittin down just zoning out.

all in all, was a big night, no shankin... people were a bit to 'nathan barley' for me but i wasnt surprised. plastic selected well and wiley showed up!

big

mpc

wasteman
wiley was decent (still). sier b (the 'b' standing for "bars") was there too. got in around 11. the outside courtyard and bar were absolutely rammed was office wastemen types.

got to main room and it was pretty empty. they were playing some old vocal grime records and wiley was talking over them. when plasticman started and the vibe got moodier, the room emptied a bit. it was quite intimate with about 30 or fewer people gathered around the decks skanking (not shanking). sier did a lot of the mic work and wiley then joined in when the place was warmed up. plasticman played some really good new tracks that i guess are by him. wiley & sier left before 12 and then plastic started dropping stuff by vex'd and even a bit of dubsteppy stuff. also played a strange 'planet rock' vs 'no help or handouts' track.

mpc

wasteman
it got a really big response. it might've been a quick booty plastic made himself. it was literally acapella over the planet rock instrumental.

mms

sometimes
Diggedy Derek said:
That sounds wicked, that. Although grime-bootlegs would be a bit of a dead end, no doubt.

ed dmx did that one - its pretty good eh? works really well but it's a oneoff i hope
i heard a terrible jarring mix of some vitalic track and i luv you which was just disgusting yuck yuck

DJL

i'm joking
Diggedy Derek said:
That sounds wicked, that. Although grime-bootlegs would be a bit of a dead end, no doubt.

That tune is on the above mentioned plasticman mix from Paris last month. From the reports sounds like he played a simialr set. Think Plasticman is pushing things in a good direction - more danceable.

thanks for the reviews guys

I cant understand why that 'Late Night Caller Tune' is getting so much love.....and yes I have heard it fully....

mms

sometimes
Tactics said:
I cant understand why that 'Late Night Caller Tune' is getting so much love.....and yes I have heard it fully....

its really melodic and warm, and really undark and simple sounding.
it's got a lovely nocturnal mood.
its quite the opposite to grim ,

mms

sometimes
mpc said:
it got a really big response. it might've been a quick booty plastic made himself. it was literally acapella over the planet rock instrumental.

93 ft east is funny in that way - it's really quite a student union disco when it comes down to it.
they love it when something everyone has heard thousands of times is played - there was a bootleg/pop club down there that was ever so popular .

mms

sometimes
simon silverdollar said:
has late nite caller had a proper release yet?

i don't think so, it's coming out on tempa soon, there is a new d1 out on soulja which has made a comeback .
then there is that lush macabre unit -lift off track out on terrorhythm soon as well which is another welcome change from the heavier angrier stuff.

Mika

:)

mms said:
i heard a terrible jarring mix of some vitalic track and i luv you which was just disgusting yuck yuck

Haha, wasn't that a joke mashup from ILM? I think it represents Blissbloggaz top two tunes from 2002, it ain't serious. Just a mock-tribute.

Memes

Wwwhut!?

Hello all,

I'm Jamie, I run the wwwhut night at 93 feet east. I'm glad to see it at least provoked some discussion and that some people enjoyed it. Obviously 93 isn't the grimiest of venues, and there are a lot of drunken saturday night types, but I wanted to point out that it's also got a lot of plus points. The main hall is a good size room, the soundsystem and engineers are both excellent, it's convenient for a lot of people, relatively central and the bar and outside area are good. I don't work there, BTW.

I thought Saturday had it's downs, but it was mainly a night of ups. There seem to be fewer and fewer nights with this kind of music that aren't put on by pretenious magazines charging high door fees, especially proper parties, with the host by the decks and the decks off the stage. Wiley showing up was great, he did a great job, and Plasticman is a brilliant DJ; his seamless mixing of different styles, and his ability to build excitement, is really incredible. Personally I was really pleased to be able to put on the kind of music I want to, and still have enough people in to keep the venue happy. The two very good DJs in the bar don't necessarily fit my tastes, but they do play music that suits the room, and provide a place for people who don't like their music as unfamiliar or quite as tough as I do. I was also really happy that people came for the music this time, and the sense that everyone was in that main room for the same reasons; Wiley and Plasticman.

I hope everyone who posted re the night will come again, you'd all be extremely welcome. If so, Plasticman wil be revisiting in September (24th) to perform with Lethal B. Thanks again to everyone who came, and everyone who commented - I'm definitely listening.

mpc

wasteman
biggest bar from wiley that night:

"hold tight everyone who goes to the bethnal green KFC on a regular"