the Maori Healers

zhao

there are no accidents
I visited the Maori Healers last week, they are in LA for a few weeks, coming from Amsterdam and going to other cities in the US after.

easily the most intense experience I've ever gone through. when I walked up the hill to a beautiful house in Malibu the first thing I noticed were the screams.

they practice this ancient healing art to rid the body of unwanted blockages and "entities" (which I had one), and loosen up deep knots which form from all kinds of emotional trauma and physical stress. it's basically a very very hardcore massage. imagine a 300 pound Maori putting all his wait on his elbow, pressing down on your stomach, going as deep as possible. that was the last thing they did to me after working on my legs for 20 minutes (which was fucking excruciating. I felt like I was going to die from the pain. I cried for 1 hour afterwards and was very emotional for 2 days. (aparently people who are completely psychologicaly healthy feel no pain when going through the session)

I think I feel better than before. but supposedly the effects might take longer to notice. less stressed. more relaxed. breath easier.

anyone else done this before?

O

Omaar

I have to say as a NZer I've never heard about this specific aspect of Maori Culture, though I can't claim to know a great deal about Maori spirituality and belief systems beyond a basic understanding. I must confess to being a bit skeptical about this particular school of practice, it does sound to me like a new age interpretation of traditional beliefs. I'll ask some friends about it and see if they know anything.

I know there are a few other NZers around on Dissensus - perhaps they know more than me?