keysound radio

Blackdown

nexKeysound
keysound radio is now live. check it here

it's 100% unreleased and features exclusives from Digital Mystikz, Loefah, Kode 9 + Spaceape, Skream, Pinch, Dusk + Blackdown, Random Trio, Target + Riko, Nasty Crew, Plasticman, Lethal B and Dizzee Rascal.

dusk + blackdown 'drenched/submerge' is out now at Boomkat and other underground shops.

boomnoise

♫
top quality work. i really can't enthuse enough about this. listening to it just invigorates everything i love about dubstep/grime. got me hype hyped for all these forthcomings!

bassnation

the abyss
Blackdown said:
keysound radio is now live. check it here

it's 100% unreleased and features exclusives from Digital Mystikz, Loefah, Kode 9 + Spaceape, Skream, Pinch, Dusk + Blackdown, Random Trio, Target + Riko, Nasty Crew, Plasticman, Lethal B and Dizzee Rascal.

dusk + blackdown 'drenched/submerge' is out now at Boomkat and other underground shops.

wicked stuff, getting caned on my mp3 player this morning.

nomos

Administrator
Yup. I'm late chiming in here but this mix is big for sure. Looking forward to grabbing the new Kode 9/Sapce Ape and yours as well. I'd love to get my paws on that Skream track too.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
yeah Sweetz is a gem but Skream said i seemed to be the only one who likes it, so currently there's no release plans (like much of his prolific output). hopefully this mix will increase interest.

boomnoise

♫
no doubt that this mix is whipping things up. job done martin if that's partly the reason you're doing these mixes. with this kind of quality emerging, the dubstep scene is going from strength to strength. i would imagine that most of these artists have a prolific output so do you think we're going to see dubstep artist albums or will the scene stick to only releasing the cream of their productions on 12? i know a lot of people who have no real knowledge of dubstep, who are hearing the stuff like the vex'd album and the our sound record and loving it. boomkat for one is exposing the sound to general fans of dance music. i think the audience is growing and perhaps albums are the way forward? any thoughts...?

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
boomnoise said:
no doubt that this mix is whipping things up. job done martin if that's partly the reason you're doing these mixes. with this kind of quality emerging, the dubstep scene is going from strength to strength. i would imagine that most of these artists have a prolific output so do you think we're going to see dubstep artist albums or will the scene stick to only releasing the cream of their productions on 12? i know a lot of people who have no real knowledge of dubstep, who are hearing the stuff like the vex'd album and the our sound record and loving it. boomkat for one is exposing the sound to general fans of dance music. i think the audience is growing and perhaps albums are the way forward? any thoughts...?

from speaking to labels selling 12"s and selling CDs are very different things. they often go through different selling channels (indie shop v HMV etc) and CDs are far more hassle to sell. the politics with HMV racking (where the label pays HMV to display their product for HMV to sell) is in itself pretty nuts.

so yeah i'd expect albums from the big dubstep players in the next year, but they're way more hassle (without great rewards) than the 12" format.

that said look out for the Dubstep Allstars vol 2 mix CD from Youngsta this summer.

nomos

Administrator
Blackdown said:
yeah Sweetz is a gem but Skream said i seemed to be the only one who likes it, so currently there's no release plans (like much of his prolific output). hopefully this mix will increase interest.
that's insane. i've been loving it since i first heard it on an n-type set. patented, feel-it-in-ya-chest skream cinematics.

Kuma

The Konspirator
Could somebody yousendit this one for me, please?

My firewall at work isn't letting me download the damn thing...

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Props for getting 'Dizzee Rascal - Win' on there. Still listen to the clip from TWANBOC! I'm guessing its never getting an official release.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
no, i expect 'win' will never to come out. dizzee doesn't like it or think it's finished.
i had to specifically beg to get that one.

what's TWANBOC?

gumdrops

good mix... im guessing from the tracklisting, you think dubstep is far more inventive/interesting than grime at the mo.

jenks

thread death
this is, as my six yr old would say, way cool!!!

tryin to work out when mixes this good are being done how anyone could slag mixes off (as they are currently doing on another thread at present)

keep it up blackdown, or should that be keep it down... :confused: