mp3 format ukg/bassline mix for download

riplash

Yo,

Been a lurker on here for quite a while, it's one of the internet's more intelligent forums!

Thought I would sign up so I could let you know about a free mix we have for download on our website.

RS Music Vol. 1 (Mixed by Riplash & Sus)
21 tracks on there, bit of old, bit of new.. the CD version was originally given away free from the site last November, but we've only just got round to uploading it.

I know some of you guys like to grab mix CDs when you can, so feel free to check it out.

http://www.rsmusic.co.uk/

riplash

Not sure I've ever heard the term..

If you're desperate to label it, then the CD was probably "2004/5 UK Garage".

Most of the tracks we're putting out right now however could be dubbed "bassline/north/niche".

Hope this helps.

I for one tire of the endless catagorising of music.. it's just, erm, music.

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
confucius said:
is this what people mean by "hand-bag garage" ?

its what people used to call speed garage (well mixmag and the like anyway ;)

i guess it does bear comparision to handbag in that its accessible but still proper clubbing music. funny to think grime and dubstep evolved from this kind of sub-todd edwards gear.

i think its wicked. love the mix.

nomos

Administrator
Thanks riplash. I've been looking for some of this stuff. That "Boy you got to me" track really got to me but I wasn't sure where to look.

riplash

bassnation said:
i guess it does bear comparision to handbag in that its accessible but still proper clubbing music. funny to think grime and dubstep evolved from this kind of sub-todd edwards gear.

i think its wicked. love the mix.

Yeah definately strange to think this is what most grimey cats were listening to/releasing until relatively recently!

There are plenty of producers still simultaneously putting out grime vocals, and bassline driven UKG for the clubbers that we target.. won't go as far as naming names but some of it's easy to work out.

Glad you like the mix.. got a new one to go up real soon, so I'll give the Dissensus peeps a "heads up" when it's available.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
riplash said:
There are plenty of producers still simultaneously putting out grime vocals, and bassline driven UKG for the clubbers that we target.. won't go as far as naming names but some of it's easy to work out..

*cough* Agent * cough * X? :)

riplash

boomnoise said:
who's the vocalist on out of love?

Girl is called Jo-Louise/Joanna-Louise.. got some new songs recorded with her, coming a little later in the year.

The emcee is I-Ty, from UK Hip-Hop group Ill Psychosis.. you might have caught some of their work, if not check them out on the net, they're very good at what they do!

riplash

autonomicforthepeople said:
Thanks riplash. I've been looking for some of this stuff. That "Boy you got to me" track really got to me but I wasn't sure where to look.

Track is Ashanti/Ja Rule - Down 4 U (DND Conemelt Dub).. quite old now but, yeh, something of that vibe remains in the current sound definately.

If you like that then definately keep an eye out for the next mix CD/download, it's going to focus on that tuff, bassline-driven, 4 to the floor kinda style to which you refer.

boomnoise

♫
riplash said:
Girl is called Jo-Louise/Joanna-Louise.. got some new songs recorded with her, coming a little later in the year.

really like her voice. i'm using the out of love acapella in a mix i'm doing at the moment. i'll be sure to check the new tracks

riplash

The "Bassline House" tag came about because of the early/mid 90's house influence (á la Livin' Joy, Strike, etc) which is apparent in some of the tracks... In Birmingham they're heavily into that particular strain of the music... it's got the big basslines of the speed garage era, with house/handbag tinged organs, synths, pads & edits that lend it that mid 90's feel. It's very uplifting music.

Yorkshire and the north lean more towards the big warping basslines, gunshots, etc, but without so much of the house element.

Luckily, because what we do falls somewhere in between, we're getting love from a big chunk of the UK, including little pockets of the 'Isles which still enjoy traditional UK Garage music.

The whole sound seems to be merging now anyways.. we played the main, Bassline House arena at a large event in Birmingham a few weeks ago. We span our selection, rather than the housey beats they usually like, and it went down a treat.

Last edited: