>7GB of free electronic music 192kbps MP3s

Hello!

In case you don't know about Thinner, here is a brief summary:

Thinner does release 192kbps MP3s for free to gain promotion for the artists. You can download every MP3 you find on our website for free and without registering or anything from Highspeed Servers that are located within a University facility. Currently there're over 7GB of free music available on our website that is waiting to get discovered of you!

This info ocunts the last three releases. We hope you'll enjoy the free music.

here ------------> thinner.cc

Here's information about our recent 3 releases from yesterday:

THN076 >> Pheek - Consortium

The tracks included on this EP are a bit older of date and gently reflect the time for when Pheek predominantely worked with pads in his minimal environments. Due to his involvement with hardware labels he lately produced more functional, more reduced stuff. But releasing these tracks that have been produced 2002-2004 reflect a time where Pheek has successfully started to get himself established in the guild of the prolific cutting edge minimal producers, introducing a very own style, constructing variable minimal tracks with punching hi-pass bassdrums and mostly eerie effects. So, Consortium somehow closes the circle.
(06 Tracks :: 38min 51sec :: 54.690 MB)

THN077 >> T-Polar - Red Machine

Red Machine is the result of introducing a more organic urban inspired sound to the minimal music T-Polar has made in the past to give more options, more emotion and reflecting his ideas in a slightly more "human" way. "Red Machine" itself is the turning point of years of production and the attempt to access a more rounded style and incorporate the slightly more eclectic tastes which T-Polar has accumulated over the years which will be shown in later work as it grows on from this - a soundtrack to a lamp light centre of population.
(10 Tracks :: 62min 24sec :: 87.868 MB)

APL032 >> you dee - Nur die Harten kommen in den Garten

The tracks are carried, guided or doused by guitar parts, as the guitar by itself sounds organic and is also much of an opposite to electronic equipment. They are considered as part of a jigsaw, but each piece can remain for itself - independent of the order on the album, as they do not only play around with it’s sounds but also with their several meanings incorporated in the title. The philosophy is that the interpretation of a track is the base for another interpretation at the same time. This allows access to each song from a different point of view. Summarized, breaking fractures into listening habits are a speciality of you dee. Cooperation release with onitor.de!
(07 Tracks :: 20min 41sec :: 29.146 MB)

We would like to add the historical Thinner .mod/.xm releases to the new website. If you’ve been into the module demoscene 1998-2000 and have downloaded .mods from groups like Mono211, Theralite, Subsonic or else please be so kind and check your backups if you eventually have downloaded the Thinner releases from pigforce.warande.net or else somewhen those days. If you could contact us (infoATthinnerDOTcc) to provide the original .zips we would appreciate it very much since they seem to be lost right now. Thank you in advance!

zhao

there are no accidents
yeah I downloaded a lot of this stuff a year or 2 ago. it's all polite and sometimes charming but rather bland and homogenous dub-techno and dub-ambient. 3 gigs of it sat on my hard-drive for a year or 2 and I realised that I didn't even have time to listen to all the dub-techno I've purchased so I deleted them all... but there's some nice stuff in there if you have the time

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I like the releases by the guy who does stuff as Digitalverein and Lufth, particularly under the latter alias. His material is on the dubbed out, not-dancefloor end of things, but it's at least distinctive.

I did the full download effort a year or so back too, but after culling it back have ended up with a bit over a gb. I don't listen to it too much, but that's more to do with the style of music rather than the quality of it.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Also, I reckon with this sort of volume of content all in a similar vein it's inevitable it will come out seeming pretty homogenous.

While it's amazing to have access to music which you pay the label and artist nothing to get hold of, the down side for the listener (and to some extent the artists) is that it's numbing to listen through such a mass of music to try and pick out the goodies.