Eskimo Dance?

ambrose

the eskimo dance and mixitup sites are down. guess wiley couldnt be arsed any more. it always seemed to end in toruble so maybe he thinks that he needs to work on more prestigious projects

S

simon silverdollar

i heard the police won't let eskimodance happen within the m25 anymore, but that may be lies.

gumdrops

he should hold eskimo dance soon, cos i bet the police could care less about a rave in light of recent events.

Woebot

hmm. thats kind of sad. i just imagined it would go on forever. that id be taking my grandchildren to it.

ambrose

"Martin Clark: How did Eski Dance come about?

Wiley: One day I just wanted to do a rave innit? I thought of the name and went to Mix It Up promotions and did it with them. We had the first, the second, the third and it’s going well. We’re on our fifth one now. We just tried to get all the people in the scene under one roof. "

last one i heard about was in nottingham. after that i heard a rumour about one in glasgow but never saw anything else about it.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
There isn't really much more to say. the police won't let them put it on in the Greater London area because at the 2nd to last one 1,000 people were locked out of the rave and it redquired 200 police officers to come and control them, and the last one someone was arrested on the door with a gun.

Neither really the fault of the promoters, but that's what happened.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Maybe they closed it down because Logan told all the promoters not to book him at their raves? Once Logan was off limits, what was the point?

ambrose

"Trainers and sportswear allowed all nights but keep it smart, NO hoods or hats."

this is TOO big!!!!!! wonder when it will be, hope it will be a date i can make it down. not tues nights like they had at area LOL!

DJL

i'm joking
Bad news for any event at the Empire in MK unfortunately (where the above Eskimo Dance was to take place in October). Below is a piece from the local paper out today:

Big puzzle as the Empire falls silent

MYSTERY surrounds the future of controversial music venue The Empire after its public entertainment licence was not renewed.
Promoters were told last week that all
forthcoming events at the nightclub have been
cancelled, although it is not yet known whether it will actually close.
Clive Faine, of The Empire's landlord Abbeygate, told the Citizen: "We are worried because our commitment to the council and English Partnership is to do our best to keep the Leisure Plaza open.
"But you can only keep things open if you have got a licence to keep them open."
Yesterday, The Empire's manager Tony Rosenberg declined to comment.
Venues have to give 28 days notice when applying for a public entertainment licence, but The Empire's deadline lapsed on July 31.
As a result all live music events and club nights have been
cancelled.
A promoter for the Deadly Fusion drum 'n' bass night, who had planned a event for Saturday August 20, said he had received a call at the end of last week saying it had been cancelled.
Council spokesman Craig Barton said: "The Empire's public
entertainment licence expired at the end of July.
"They can of course re-apply at any time and they need to give us 28 days notice, but unfortunately the earliest licensing committee will be in September."

Tony Rosenberg was also the owner of The Sanctuary in Milton Keynes. IMO, and from little bits I've heard, the council have a vendetta against him...

Last edited:
C

captain easychord

ok can someone fill me in on the whole rave situation in london? why is it impossible to hold a party? who is this council?