Audio File Conversion

sufi

lala
Can anyone please recommend software for .flac & .shn files???

i wish to mp3alise them.

(incidentally, what do y'all use for yer .oggs & mp4s etc as well...)

til now i always swore by the old
winamp vs. audiograbba vs. nero vs. totalrecorder combo
but i got a right telling off the other day on slsk so i'm trying to get with EAC these days

cheersy!

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
dbPowerAmp Music Converter.

whenever iTunes screw up the MP3 conversion (it still does for certain tracks and I store all
my music on the iPod itself as MP3) I use dbPowerAmp.

Sadly I think the guy has to charge 7 quid for the "MP3-licence" (Fraunhofer, the owner of the MP3-patent, got after him) - but it is probably worth it if you do a lot of conversions. Can't really get a grip on
if he charges for the MP3-codec or not - so download a trial version to check out. It might be free.

His "CD writer" is also very good. I've got a copy of Nero with the PC, but his CD-writer is much better.

Last edited:

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I use CDEx. I don't muck about with different formats too much - I use MP3 and Ogg Vorbis - but CDEx is really speedy encoding either of those and I know it will work with FLAC and Shorten too. You may need to download the codec or whatever.

For listening to stuff I use Foobar2000, which handles most any format I've ever heard of.

Frank123

Hi!

I recommend you this excellent software Audio/Video To Wav Converter I've found. It is an easy-to-use tool for converting audio and video to wav file. , You'll be able to download it from below URL:

http://www.008soft.com

Best wishes.

Rambler

Awanturnik
Can anyone recommend anything for listening to/converting FLAC on a Mac? Running OSX.4 - I've tried a whole bunch of programmes (xACT, MacFLAC, Max, and a couple of others) but they're all set up really unhelpfully for no-tech bods like me - no installers, no interfaces, bits apparently broken/missing.:mad: Is there anything out there I can download and install for free, or a small price, that is simple to install and use, or do I need to read 'Installing FLAC converters for Dummies' first?

shudder

re: flac on mac

i'm on x.4 too, and I use xact, and it works for me. To install, all you need to do is mount the downloaded disk image (by double clicking on it), and drag the program to your applications folder. To convert from flac to anything else, just open the program, click on the 'decode' tab in the window that appears, click 'add', choose your files, then click 'decode.' It will ask you where you want the decoded files to appear, then, you're done!

Another (less free) option is to get the excellent shareware audio editor Amadeus II, which handles FLAC files. It's only $30 USD, and is a pretty capable 2-track editor.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Not exactly the same as the thread, but how do people record their vinyl to digital format?
What program should I use. I do have a midi connection input in my soundcard.
Thanks.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Not exactly the same as the thread, but how do people record their vinyl to digital format?
What program should I use. I do have a midi connection input in my soundcard.
Thanks.

MIDI's not the thing you need - you need an audio input, which you probably have. Take a line out from your mixer or amp (tape out should do it) and stick it in there.

Audacity works well for recording and is free: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Last edited:

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Great guys, yeah I also have an red/black in line. Software looks exactly like what I was looking for.
Thanks