Favourite cheesy dance 'choon'-anthem

Buick6

too punk to drunk
The sorta stuff Becks would boogie to, or the slags Shane Warne bonks, here are some of mine (guilty pleasure, but actually killer traxx IMHO):

1. Touch Me - Ruis Da Silva : Sublime, trunce with that crazy Spandau Ballet 'chant #1' guitar riff sample.

2. Another Chance - Roger Shachez : simplistic 'doof' with melodic gay vocal, great post sensualist Eno-MBV drones and fantastic 'kick in'. I reckon Sanchez is a modern-pop genius like Brian Wilson.

3. Another Point of view (can't remember that artist) - Italo house par excellence.

4. Trippin' (UK mainstream dance, forgot the artist) - I saw this on a TOTP repeat they had here is Australia a few years back. The Pom's were always good at chrning out these commercial 'one hit wonder' dance trax.

Anyway I d/l'd these off the net and they sound as 'deep' and 'out there' as any IDB and grime and other bullhsit trendy intellectual dance music that wrecked it for everyone coz like George Michael said - actually another great cheese track ' Flawless' - 'Guilty feet ain't got no rhythm'!

dominic

Beast of Burden
i don't think any of the following are cheesy, but i've been told they are . . . .

(1) alison limerick, "where love lives" (paul oakenfold remix)

(2) associates, "country club"

(3) black box, "everybody everybody"

(4) ester b, "pleasure of music"

(5) cola boy, "seven ways to love"

(6) vivien vee, "pick up"

and soft hop by likes of pm dawn, definition of sound, jungle bros, de la soul, monie love, thirst, etc

(apologies if all of this stuff is from past, not current)

Last edited:

peter lloyd

Nearly all the Danni Minogue singles,she has been a guilty pleasure for years,and some Sanchez mixes aswell.

Last edited:

D84

Ah yes... you can't make a pizza without some cheese (or a cliche : )

Mine are mostly old but anyway these spring to mind:

Technotronic "Pump Up the Jam" - close to being an Inner City rip off which might be too "tasteful" to mention in this thread but I still love it.

Haddaway "What Is Love?" - as made famous by A Night At the Roxbury & a million deodorant ads.

Da Hool "Meet Her At the Love Parade" - is that the one with the bouncy synth line?

that Jason Nevin remix of Run DMC's "It's Like That"

that recent remix of INXS' "Just Keep Walking"

I have fond memories of dancing to that first Jestofunk single and The Bomb by the Bucketheads but they probably don't count..

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
im blue... a bo dee dee bo dah,,,

proto crazy frog shit innit

eiffel65%20blue%20promo.jpg

AshRa

"Pretty Green Eyes" and "I'm A Different Person" (with surely the PERFECT video for this sorta music)

jed_

Felix - Don't you want me
JX - Son of a Gun

and , erm....

The Tamperer Feat. Maya - "Feel it " because it's just insane! "WHAT'S she gonna look like with a chimney on her!?"

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Since yr all going to 'acieed-house' dayz...

Hey Music Lover - S'Express

total Confusion - Hippie Homeboy and Funky Dread

Pump up the jam

and yeah C&C Music factory did some cool shit..

'Dont Argue' - Cabaret Voltaire - still the benchmark for any funky as fuck IDM or whatever, but still a cheesy track compared to drill n bass or gronk or whatever...Oh and that camera on the chicks ass in that clip!

More contemp cheese..

Armand Van Helden - Beautiful Widow, man what a fucken drug-fucked rush of a track,

some of the Kylie Traxx work really well, Goldfrapp's 'Strict Machine' with all that fucken Norman Rosenbaum 'spirit in the sky' toss, but the best of all

MADONNA - RAY OF LIGHT!! Fucken luvit! Still do to this day, and not ashamed to say so! And when fucken Aphex Twin or whatever do a track as blissfully upbeat and pure as that, well fuck me.

Last edited:

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
Basment Jaxx - Romeo The Jaxx at their finest. Can't get enough of that stomping backbeat.

Elvis vs. JXL - A Little Less Conversation Vegas!

Binary Finary - 1999 Trancey, synthy goodness.

The Crystal Method - Comin' Back Talentless hacks? Maybe, but that atonal, haunting vocal by Trixie Reiss over those pulsing 303s gets me every time.

Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death Strings and things zing.

Orbital - Halcyon + On + On Sublime.

The Prodigy - One Love Mostly for its association with the more kinetic moments in Hackers.

Underworld - Dark Train Another movie tie-in, this time the withdrawal scene in Trainspotting.

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Most of the ones you name Chief Napalm are not cheesy. "One Love" and "Dark Train" are pretty underground actually.

I am not sure how popular this was but it sounds very eurodance except it is really great: Love 4 Sale - Do You Feel So Right

Capella - "U Got 2 Let the Music" and "U Got To Know"

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
DigitalDjigit said:
Most of the ones you name Chief Napalm are not cheesy. "One Love" and "Dark Train" are pretty underground actually.

Underground in North America, yes, but I have a feeling the Brits might think differently. :)