New skin

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
WOEBOT (and joanofarctan):

Like the new skin, but only one request: can we make it so that you can still tell which subforums (or should that be subforae?) have new posts from the main page?

Also, while I'm at it joanofarctan, don't suppose you know how to fix the forum so that it the cusor blinks white while putting in new posts if you're using safari on the mac? I know I'm not the only person with that problem.

I've added icons to the front page to indicate new posts in forums.

Melchior said:
don't suppose you know how to fix the forum so that it the cusor blinks white while putting in new posts if you're using safari on the mac? I know I'm not the only person with that problem.

I'm running on Safari without this problem. All forms should have a white background and safari should use a black cursor by default. Is this not the case?

If not then shout and give me more details as to your system / browser version.

Update: I've messed with the CSS a little. Tell me if it's made any difference or not.

Last edited:

hint

party record with a siren
joanofarctan said:
I'm running on Safari without this problem. All forms should have a white background and safari should use a black cursor by default. Is this not the case?

If not then shout and give me more details as to your system / browser version.

Yup - I'm having this problem. The forms are black background, with a black cursor and white text.

All I can tell you is that it used to be fine, but suddenly switched one day a couple of months ago. I don't think I made any changes to my setup around this time and it's only been this forum (I've posted on maybe 4 or 5 since the switch) that has been affected.

I'm running Safari 1.3 in OS 10.3.9

OK, now i am confused. I can only assume you're talking about the default style, right?

It narked me off so much i did the new one. Now i don't use default. Ever. Heh.

Black forms are plain wrong. I'll talk to matt about this.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I do like the big chunky lettering on the front page and the colour scheme. So thanks for the new skin, joanofarctan!

I do agree with this:

Melchior said:
Like the new skin, but only one request: can we make it so that you can still tell which subforums (or should that be subforae?) have new posts from the main page?
Oh yeah, and since I know you're dying for the answer, the Latinate plural form you're after is subfora, not subforae. ;) Same declension of Latin nouns that gave English memorandum / memoranda and (once) datum / data.

Rambler

Awanturnik
This thread really confused me until I saw the 'nick (s)kin' option in the skins menu at the bottom of the page... While I like the vinyl/gloomcore/noir chic of the original, I think this one's going to be easier on my eyes ...

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Bwahaha, lucky it wasn't in the Nature forum! "Thanks for the new skin". :D

I got an email (well, two actually!) about it, logged on and tried it out straight away. Maybe you two have got your preferences set differently?

Rambler

Awanturnik
Maybe - I usually get emails, but I may have missed one (overzealous spam filter probably junked it).

D

droid

Rambler said:
This thread really confused me until I saw the 'nick (s)kin' option in the skins menu at the bottom of the page... While I like the vinyl/gloomcore/noir chic of the original, I think this one's going to be easier on my eyes ...

I just switched over, and now Im temporarily blind... :cool: Its like a spotlight beaming off the screen!

Back to the dungeon for me...much easier on the eyes..

Woebot

droid said:
I just switched over, and now Im temporarily blind... :cool: Its like a spotlight beaming off the screen!

Back to the dungeon for me...much easier on the eyes..

ha! at least everyone has a look they like! me, i prefer the new one.....

i'm sorry we couldn't fix the icons to be different in both looks but it's more difficult than you'd imagine to sort out. vBulletin made a bit of a hash of it...

sufi

lala
May I Please Request?

... while you're tweaking,

could you have a look at theNew Posts link (above) so it does shows up 24 hours of posts - now it only ever seems to return 1 or 2 threads.... (or is it just me??? :eek: )

Thanks!!

new skin is very fine & stylish by the way, thanks again

seahorsegenius

It's just me.
This is really great. Much easier to look at.

Isn't there a way to secretly install a bunch of different skins, but keep one as the default for all users who don't specify what they want? Like that dropdown menu, isn't there a way to add more in there? Just wondering.