Were these Grime tracks ever released?

Brokeman

Living Too Late
Need some help from the DJs out there: were these tracks ever released on vinyl?

Ruff Sqwad "R.U.F.F."
X.T.C. "Funktions on da Low" (the VOCAL versions)

and while I'm at it, I've been scouring eBay and every website I can find looking for old Grime choons and have come up blank on a few.

Roll Deep/Danny Weed "Salt Beef"
Wiley "Ice Rink Vocal EP 1"

I'm willing to pay good money for them but I haven't seen them ANYWHERE. Any advice?
Specifically, are there shops in London that carry used Grime? I can find new stuff easily from RD and the others but old stuff is soo tough to come by.

Help!

ambrose

yeah this could be a nightmare to get hold of. maybe you could ask if anyones selling on the rwd forums?!! i dunno, never seen anyone talk about used grime really. ive got the icerink 1 vinyl but am not really keen to sell.

a very vague hope could be that you try htfr for example: wiley search

and they might one day once get soemthing in. or email RD or independance, see if anyones selling?!

seems to me that this sort of thing is gonna take a while before people relinquish their copies and take em down the 2nd hand record shops....even then, getting hold of them in vancouver is gonna be tough!

Brokeman

Living Too Late
You have the Ice Rink Vocal EP 1? Tell me something; that's the one with the Tinchy vocal right? Is that the same one that begins with "big up the roll deep entourage, I'm tinchy stryder on a regular" lyric?
Of all the Ice Rink mp3s I have, I've never seen the Tinchy one separate. I've only got it as a second verse on a wiley + tinchy version.

petergunn

plywood violin
i've seen the Ice Rink EP turn up on the internet... VERY rarely, but i have seen it turn up...

what i want, but know i will NEVER find is "donkey kick" by harry toddler...

S

simon silverdollar

you can generally get all the ice rink vocals off limewire very easily

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
As for used grime vinyl, so far there's very, very, very, very little, from my experience anyway. I work at Record and Tape Exchange, and when I ask our dance guys for grime, the closest they'll get is is The Streets or unsold copies of the Shystie album.

Woebot

Brokeman said:
Need some help from the DJs out there: were these tracks ever released on vinyl?

Ruff Sqwad "R.U.F.F."
X.T.C. "Funktions on da Low" (the VOCAL versions)

and while I'm at it, I've been scouring eBay and every website I can find looking for old Grime choons and have come up blank on a few.

Roll Deep/Danny Weed "Salt Beef"
Wiley "Ice Rink Vocal EP 1"

I'm willing to pay good money for them but I haven't seen them ANYWHERE. Any advice?
Specifically, are there shops in London that carry used Grime? I can find new stuff easily from RD and the others but old stuff is soo tough to come by.

Help!

i think i remember seeing salt beef!

i only have the instrumental version of the XTC tune...

i do have ice rink vol1 though. thats a good 'un.

so many bad tunes never make it to wax...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I probably have doubles of both of them.

PM me ur details and we can probably come to an amicable agreement.

AshRa

I used to keep Salt Beef in stock at my old shop (selling a grand total of THREE copies I think!) and now I can't find my personal copy anywhere - Logan, have you got triples of it? I'll sort you out :eek: