Munkyfest

Woebot

Ha! Caught your eye silverdollar!

What's all this about then? The munkyfest site promises a history behind the event which it fails to deliver (well i couldn't find any info!)

Noted too the presence on the bill of one of Simon'd fave bands The Vegetables....

S

simon silverdollar

it started out 7 years ago as a party after school with my friends where i grew up (in between chester and runcorn). it's grown steadily over the years (we have it every year) and now it attracts about 400 people. it's a not-for-profit DIY thing, generally supporting the DIY hardcore/post-hardcore/post-riot grrl scene: we have bands like The Wow, Flamingo 50, Lords, who are top boys and top girls within that scene. Shitmat headlined last year and pretty much cleared the dancefloor, but in an excellently fun way.

this year it was in a lovely orchard. Hot Club de Paris, who you'll be hearing a lot of cuz they've just signed a big deal with Moshi Moshi records, headlined this year- everyone should check them out, cuz they've the REAL future-postpunk thing.
and me and my friend will did a rave tent, for the first time ever, complete with free white gloves, dust masks, and glow sticks.

it's great fun to organise, but very time consuming and tiring (it basically involves being a kind of [unpaid] farm labourer for 2 weeks, in order to prepare the site ), hence why i've not been on here on my blog much.

bizarre fact- vic godard wanted to come out of semi-retirement this year and play, but in the end he couldn't.

S

simon silverdollar

go here for mp3s of live sets from this year's event, if yr interested.

S

simon silverdollar

shudder said:

i know, weird innit. especially cuz i was reading the RIUASA chapter on him at the time of receiving his letter and demo.