just when Ruff Sqwad were getting good...

Blackdown

nexKeysound
... Tinchy makes a tune sampling Billie Joel's Uptown Girl :eek:

whatthef**k!!

check it on Logan's show this week.

Last edited:

gumdrops

i bet its still better than 'shake your bum'
anyway, this shouldnt come as a shock, slew dem sampled layla, roll deep are sampling the maisonettes (and most importantly, got in the top 20), its probably now seen as 'okay' to do this sort of thing

Blackdown

nexKeysound
gumdrops said:
i bet its still better than 'shake your bum'
anyway, this shouldnt come as a shock, slew dem sampled layla, roll deep are sampling the maisonettes (and most importantly, got in the top 20), its probably now seen as 'okay' to do this sort of thing

yeah but the roll deep and slew dem tunes are ok. this is ruuuuubish!

on a positive note, Newham General's Mic Centre is amazing. Loving the sitars!

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Oh no.... someone sampled Billy Joel!

This is lyrically one of Tinchy's best tracks. If it isn't deemed "cool" by the online community, I doubt Tinchy will be losing much sleep over it. Seeing as he's probably going to get an album deal off the back of it.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
even you had to joke 'hold tight Magic FM' over it when it dropped Logan. :)

bigup Tinchy if he gets a deal, but he deserves one for the amazing Ruff Sqwad production sound, not novelty records ... but we both know how the industry goes.

juliand

Gah, what's with the UK and their novelty hits

But then I guess you've got Cam'ron sampling Cyndi Lauper or--what was it--the theme song to "Hill Street Blues"--which is just as bad

C

captain easychord

i agree that tinchy spits pure knowledge on this one but i'm not really feeling the billy joel vibe.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Are you mad?!

Prancehall's blog is big if only for that animation of Jam and Wiley as Ed Sullivan or whoever that is. That shit is toooooo funny.

hold tight all the duppies in the game.

C

captain easychord

SIZZLE said:
Are you mad?!

Prancehall's blog is big if only for that animation of Jam and Wiley as Ed Sullivan or whoever that is. That shit is toooooo funny.

hold tight all the duppies in the game.

it's true, that thing is amazing.