Anyone going to see Skinny Puppy tonight

zhao

there are no accidents
Skinny Puppy... that takes me back. are they making new material or are they still playing songs off Too Dark Park? what happened to Download?

K-punk you into all this angst ridden synth-industrial?

somehow I can't help but think of your comment about hiphop being an ugly reaction to an ugly sitiuation...

Dunno what k-p made of it but I enjoyed its relentless electro-spookiness, as well as all the pantomime/videoart. The offal-jumpsuits and the plague helmets were particularly interesting.

There was a genuinely menacing moment when a guy swathed in black pretended to hack the head off the singer...Blair/Bush masks were involved somehow but I can't quite remember how, it's a bit of a blur. Shivers.

quiet, boy. or I'll stomp on you.

and guess which boots I'll be wearing!

(not really).

I'm a nice girl at heart. some of my clothes even come from laura ashley fergodsake.

john eden

male pale and stale
I saw Skinny Puppy at the Fulham Greyhound (nice thematic venue there...) back in the late 80s/early 90s and they were excellent. "Cleanse Fold & Manipulate" and all that - very sweaty and with a fair go at a proper stage show in a very small venue. Lots of mentalists in the audience demanding that Ogre cut himself up for some reason (possibly because of an MM article around the time which mentioned he did this sometimes?).

Oh and a stand-up comedian as a support act, oddly.