the perfect album?

dozer

who would be your ideal line up?

'huge chrome cylinder box unfolding'-era venetian snares alongside drukqs-era (vordhosbn in particular) aphex twin doing arrangement, beats, time sigs etc, with villalobos responsible for sound design

anyone else?

dozer

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Even the best line-ups come up with shit records. I am not even talking about imaginary line-ups which would never happen. But there are albums out there which are perfect. I would say Faust - IV is one such record.

S

simon silverdollar

i think the new isolee album is perfect.

fennesz, 'endless summer' is too.

S

simon silverdollar

mpc said:
i can't get into the new isolée album.

you've just got to give it a lot of time, and then, eventually, it all falls into place.
play it very loud as well.

mms

sometimes
first specials album and prince' s dirty mind and purple rain are the only perfect albums imo

joenice

Miriam Gonzalez lover....
mms said:
prince' s dirty mind and purple rain are the only perfect albums imo
interesting choices. keep in mind...i'm a huge prince fan. seen him in concert 13 times...he's amazing.

Purple Rain would have been the best soundtrack ever, if the Morris Day & The Time material made the album. Dirty Mind...hands down, my favorite Prince album. His best album, Sign O The Times.

dozer said:
who would be your ideal line up?
I'm gonna take it in a different direction: a rock band...

drums - Stuart Copeland from The Police. The man is a human metronome....

bass - Larry Graham from Graham Central Station and Sly & The Family Stone. This is the man that invented how to play slap bass....without him, there's no Rick James, Sugarfoot from the Ohio Players, Bootsy Collins, Victor Wooten....it all starts and ends with LG.

guitar - Hendrix. nuff said

lead singer - this one's tough for me...I love Steve Perry's (from Journey) voice, but Freddie Mercury is just a bit better.

Dubquixote

Submariner
best lineup ever assembled i think was the quintet...
charlie parker, dizzy gillespie, max roach, bud powell, charles mingus
don't think i could have dreamt up a better one

zhao

there are no accidents
Dubquixote said:

without Eric Dolphy on Alto I don't know if I would quit my job, break up with my girlfriend and fly across the world to see this band...

Woebot

mms said:
first specials album and prince' s dirty mind and purple rain are the only perfect albums imo

monoton: monotonprodukt07 (thats pretty much perfect)
edu lobo: missa luba

joenice

Miriam Gonzalez lover....
Dubquixote said:
best lineup ever assembled i think was the quintet...
don't think i could have dreamt up a better one
that's a lineup...but is that better than the cast of characters that performed on the Miles Davis classic "Kind of Blue":

Miles Davis - trumpet
Julian Adderley - alto
John Coltrane - tenor
Bill Evans - Piano
Paul Chambers - bass
Jimmy Cobb - drums

that's a lineup !