cocoa beware! mix on east village radio

dominic

Beast of Burden
click here for a mix by cocoa beware! on east village radio -- doing a guest spot yesterday (8/10) on the "out of range" show -- and once you're on that page look for the line that says, "listen to most recent show here"

cocoa beware! runs nublu records and sometimes djs at the fugari parties

the first three minutes of the sound archive are from the radio show preceding the "out of range" show, so don't let that confuse you

it's a 2-hour mix, and i'd say maybe the first forty minutes of the mix are, ummmm, inauspicious

but if you fast-forward past the early part, then it's a nice & eclectic selection of "house" music -- and fairly indicative of the kind of stuff cocoa plays at nublu on tuesdays

(cocoa's dj partner on tuesdays is ihu anyanwu of repellent zine and repellent typepad -- ihu's alias is g rizo)

(the main fugari djs typically play mondays on evr from 6 til 7 pm, but for some reason that show never gets archived)

i suppose this is all kinda relevant to the "house music" thread that stelfox started -- though of course cocoa's take on house music shouldn't be confused with my take or, for that matter, anyone else's

(and were i more technologically savvy, i'd post an mp3 on dissensus to illustrate my take)

in any case, hopefully some of you will like cocoa's selection

Last edited: