bossman - street anthems 2

evergreen

i picked this up at Kim's the other day. my first real pirate-style grime mix on cd! i'm assuming I-Sound shipped this in, so kisses to him.

the tracklisting is probably a little obvious, but some of the transitions are quite glorious. i also unexpectedly liked all of the R&G tunes.

01. Katie Pearl & Jendor - Mr. DJ
02. Wiley - (They Can't Get Along With) Wiley
03. Kano - P's & Q's RMX (feat. Lethal B, Ghetto & Demon)
04. Crazy Titch - Sing Along
05. Carmen Reece - U Got Me (Dexplicit RMX)
06. Trim - Boogey Man (feat. Riko, Wiley, D Double E & Footsie)
07. Remerdee, J2K, New Era & Desperado - The Stick Up
08. SLK - Hype Hype SLK
09. Shystie feat. Crazy Titch, J2K & Katie Pearl - Make It Easy (Davinche RMX)
10. Ears - Fine Fine
11. Lethal B feat. Fire Camp - No
12. Doctor, Remerdee & Jendor - Bring It
13. Shizzle, Napper & Bruza - Av Sum A Dat
14. Roll Deep - When I'm Ere
15. No Lay - Unorthodox Daughter
16. Donae'O - United
17. Bruza - What U Waiting For
18. Crazy Titch ft. Keisha - Gully
19. Kano ft. Ghetto - Typical Me
20. Dizzee Rascal ft. D Double E - Give U More
21. Regal Players - Rude Boy
22. Ribz, Napper, Shizzle & Flirta D - Pull Up Dat
23. Kele Le Roc ft. Remerdee - Frontline
24. Wiley ft. Trim & God's Gift - Candy
25. Shola Ama - With You
26. Dogzilla - My Side of the Story

anyone heard / liked / found vol 1?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i've got both. i love this mix. it's actually up there with my faves of the year (aim high 2 and lord of the decks 3). anything with frontline by kele la roc on it is bound to be good, tho, and yeah, yr right, the mixing is a treat.

boomnoise

♫
i dont' think any uploading should be done of a widely commercially available (as this post proves) mix. think of bossman's trainer collection.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
agreed - especially when it's your first post on the board and you've private messaged people asking, not especially politely, for them to do it, too.
perhaps give something to the board, make a contribution by posting and getting to know people and you may be surprised what you get in return.
it's also only £8 and probably available on slsk if you live somewhere where it's difficult to get hold of this stuff.
my 2 pence worth on the matter.

Clubberlang

Both of the Street Anthem's mixes are fantastic. The version of the second one I got came with the equally incredible Essentials Heating Vol 2 (are Essentials the most underrated crew? Is it the South thing?)

Memes

lord of the decks three

hello, i'm another infrequent poster, but i'm fond of buying music. Did you guys really think LOD 3 was a good mixtape? I just re-listened and I found it disappointing in the main. Sidewinder is a killer though. What did anyone who's heard it think to Run the Road 2? Not great, and I think Klashnekoff being on all these comps is odd. I don't like this whole hegemony in grime, especially in Vice etc, i.e. everyone saying every release is brilliant even though a very large percentage of it isn't. Not I think that applies here. Ruff Squad at Vice bar tonight though, should be good!

Immryr

the CD that came with LOTD3 was very disappointing, theres a four or five good chuunes on there, but on the whole its not too good.

but its worth buying just for the footage of the germany trip really.

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
Clubberlang said:
Both of the Street Anthem's mixes are fantastic. The version of the second one I got came with the equally incredible Essentials Heating Vol 2 (are Essentials the most underrated crew? Is it the South thing?)

Yeah Essentials heating vol 2 is heavy! My fav grime cd at the moment - I got kind of sick of all the RnG stuff being churned out and Essentials go completely in the opposite direction, with mad aggy flows.
Essentials and Ruff Sqwad are my two favorite crews right now - though Ruff Sqwad are kind of following roll deep with their recent RnG shit

I hope the guy got this bonus CD when he got it from Kims.