Essentials "State UR Name"

Woebot

At last the track we all knew as "Headquarters" makes it to vinyl.

This has been on the radar since January 11th

And what if Da Vinche and crew (Da Vinche I think is the producer, i took some misleading advice about this along the way) haven't gone and fucked it all up!

Jesus I get SO FUCKING FRUSTRATED by finding great tracks being aired on dubplate transforming into at best mediocre ones when it comes to scratch them onto tiles. The same happened with Dogzilla's "Never Ending Story". How bloody stupid are these producers? No we're not tired of the original, no we don't want you to tweak it just a little, we don't want a VIP mix, we don't want you to re-version the MC-ing, JUST LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!

OK maybe there are attentuating circumstances, maybe they couldn't use the same set of MCs, maybe they couldn't get such-and-such any more, but the punch and flow of this magical masterpiece, just gone.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Hmmmm. I was about to disagree with you, as I'm pretty sure i heard a different revision of this tune with J2K, Hyper Fen etc, which I though was as good as the original if not better.

But this one here isn't as good, I agree. They must have done multiple versions of it, and this has squeezed something of the life out of it.

However, when there's two versions of something floating around, I often like both (the big choon and the down-low version sort of thing), so hopefully I'll find merit in this one too.

DJL

i'm joking
I've only heard the current mix on Channel U so can't compare changes but I think this tune is big. The video is excellent too.

h-crimm

who's on this version then?

there was one about two years ago with just jendor, k.kidman, kano and d double e.
then there was one with bruza on and some other people... or am imagining that? :)

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
No you're not imagining, that's the one I remember.

Version 1- Jender, Kano, K-Dot, Crazy Titch, Shizzle, Remerdee etc.
Version 2- Jender and The Essentials, Bruza, J2K, some of Dynasty, etc.
Version 3 is the new one.

J2K cracks me up, all smiling in the video......cos he knows he's waaaay better than anyone else on the track lol.......

Brokeman

Living Too Late
I'm totally on side with this. I was soo happy to see it released but this version is boring!

They don't even drop out the beats during the chorus so you get the full drill sergeant speech.

Plus, is it just me or do the verses sound less interesting as well?

It's not like I was expecting the 12 minute version that Cameo played when I first heard it, but c'mon!

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
People get "political" when they voice tunes and then several months (and *proper* representation) later it comes to bring the tune out.....