Sex and sensuality

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Simple question - what are the sexiest/ most sensual songs you know. Was just listening to "Your Love" by jamie Principle last night - what a song - and realised that it was probably the most erotic song I've ever heard. That dark, almost spiritual sensuality....

Others that do it for me:

Luomo - Tessio (in the right situation)
Tori Alamaze - Don't Cha
Kevin Lyttle - Turn Me On (remix with Alison Hinds)
Sasha - Dat Sexy Body (feat Ivy Queen)
Prince - Gett Off
Miss Kittin - Frank Sinatra (does that make me weird?)
Lil Louis - French Kiss (original mix)
Jam & Spoon - Stella
Romanthony - Never Fuck (WHY is this not better known?)
Madonna - Justify My Love
Serge & Jane - Je T'Aime (even The Full Monty can't destroy its beauty)
Black Strobe - Innerstrings
RDB - Desi Fly Chick
Kylie - Slow; Chocolate (the production esp; if they were sung by Tori Alamaze or Jane Birkin, then they would be even more sensual)
Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy
Marshall Jefferson - Mushrooms (Salt Lake City Orchestra mix)

And some Christina Milian does it for me too, but that may be purely because she is impossibly fit. Also, some Missy tracks can be great for getting in the mood.

Sure there's some Italo-disco tracks as well, lots more house (French touch stuff, perhaps?) and UK garage even?

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
baboon2004 said:
Was just listening to "Your Love" by jamie Principle last night - what a song - and realised that it was probably the most erotic song I've ever heard.
agreed.

baboon2004 said:
Others that do it for me:
Luomo - Tessio (in the right situation)

The "Frank Sinatra" thing definitely makes you weird, or at least into BDSM (that's what the tracks sounds like to me).

I would kind of disagree on the Baby D track. That one is just beatiful, really warm but totally asexual IMO. Tessio is somewhere in the middle. It's definitely a track that makes me think of love but not sex.

something to add to the list:
Sylvia - Sweet Stuff (this is just ridiculous...i am uncomfortable listening to this track. Ms. Sylvia, are you trying to seduce me?)
Moodymann - Don't Be Misled (this just makes me want to hump everything)
Klein & MBO - Dirty Talk (the giggles alone give me a hard-on)

S

simon silverdollar

DigitalDjigit said:
I would kind of disagree on the Baby D track. That one is just beatiful, really warm but totally asexual IMO.

i just find let me be yr fantasy an impossibly sad, melancholy song- i actually find it difficult to listen to sometimes cuz it's so sad, like a lament for the end of the rave era.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Just been out to Raindance and heard 'Fantasy' twice in one night, and you're both right - I was misremembering it. Totally and unforgettably nostagically gorgeous.

Know what you mean about Tesssio, but it's just so sensual.

S

simon silverdollar

a lot of perlon stuff is very sexy, in a joyfully, er, kinky way...

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
ken boothe - silver words
'baby i'm not joking / and it's not what i'm smoking / i really think you're nice...'
too classic - the only reggae song with a slide guitar?

damage - ghetto romance

donnell jones - shorty

the paragons - my best girl
'no need to try you out for size / you fit my heart so comfortable and warm'
(incidentally ub40's massive attack-style cover of this is ace too)

bob marley - stir it up

etc

owen

excellent question! before i think of something interesting to write, here's a short list of things...

the slow things on 'metamatic' by john foxx (clue in the name, there)
smog (sometimes)
junior boys
luomo and perlon seconded
'beep me 911' by missy elliott
can, esp 'future days'
'slow', but it has to be michael mayer's version rather than kylie's- kylie is drastically unsexy
closer musik, 'you don't know me'
prince, 'the ballad of dorothy parker'

but most 'sexy' things just make you feel silly. i love marvin gaye but would just collapse into giggles.

plenty of sensual things that aren't necessarily sexy though. actually that could apply to most of that list....hm fennesz f'rinstance...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Can anyone give me a heads up on which Perlon tracks to dig out should I want to, ahem, seduce? Seems like a big catalogue...

tee hee to the whole thread! the following not very cold rationalist (hmm, well...):

Laibach's Tanz mit Laibach + opus dei
Bach's Mass in B minor
Soft Cell sex dwarf/tainted love/memorabilia/etc
alizee lolita
gary puckett young girl
Apoptygma Berzerk deep red
current 93/fields of rape (versions)
pet shop boys sin

erm....time for some vodka...

Last edited:

dominic

Beast of Burden
baboon2004 said:
Was just listening to "Your Love" by jamie Principle last night - what a song - and realised that it was probably the most erotic song I've ever heard. That dark, almost spiritual sensuality....

yes

but don't forget "sensuous woman goes disco" -- which is rather campy, but at same time deeply hedonistic and all about sex

and really, there's all kinds of chicago tracks (and other house tracks) that are sexy -- that was the whole point of the music!!!

keisha jenkins -- "don't need a man" -- b/c in fact she does!

vicky martin -- "not gonna do it"

jomanda -- "make my body rock"

kariya -- "love me for tonight"

DigitalDjigit said:
I would kind of disagree on the Baby D track. That one is just beatiful, really warm but totally asexual IMO.

agreed -- and also agree w/ simon silverdollar about how sad and wistful for the rave era it is -- gorgeous song -- one of the all-time greats -- but not a song for sex

infinite thought said:

agree about "tainted love," if the right mix

plus bronski beat -- "small town boy"

as far as my suggestions go -- all in a balearic vein

ramm - "spark the universe"
the mackenzie -- "no promises"
aural -- "desire"
zhana -- "sanctuary of love"
orchestra jb -- "come alive"

dominic

Beast of Burden
also . . ..

sha-lor, "i'm in love"
instant house, "over"

really, people could probably list an endless number of house tracks for this thread

zhao

there are no accidents
that 10 minute long DJ Godfather track that goes "That booty..... I wanna hump it!"

blunt

shot by both sides
"Caroline" by MC Solaar
"Ballad of Dorothy Parker" by Prince
The whole of the "I'm Still In Love with You" by Al Green - minus the crazy cover of "Pretty Woman", which ruins the mood entirely :mad:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
infinite thought said:
tee hee to the whole thread! the following not very cold rationalist (hmm, well...):

Laibach's Tanz mit Laibach + opus dei
Bach's Mass in B minor
alizee lolita
gary puckett young girl
Apoptygma Berzerk deep red
current 93/fields of rape (versions)
pet shop boys sin

erm....time for some vodka...

nina, i am now officially sort of scared of you.

zhao

there are no accidents
stelfox said:
nina, i am now officially sort of scared of you.

Laibach... and that is a particularly rigorous neo-fascist beat regime piece. I don't know if I'm scared or... kind of turned on :eek: everyone likes a good hate-fuck once in a while :)

ok, seriously. I might have said this before, but for me the ultimate accompaniment to deep, immersive, and unforgettable acts of sexual love has to be the album "Sex" by the Necks.

Jesse D Serrins

Maxinquaye was an album-length immersion in mysterious sexuality that was a bit over my young adolescent head. Martina's voice just absolutely squashed me.