Baad Grime tunes.

Woebot

The drought has broken at the shops. Some wicked tunes out:

Bruza: Not Convince
Boom. Available at last.

J Sweet Feat Aaron Soul & L Man: Marxmen
MASSIVE track. This is genius. Blackstreet-style Grime and it's brilliant. Huge tune. I grumble about Grime going Hip-Hop-ish thats because the tendency seems to be "go backpack" (all that Sway stuff, clever rhymes all that gubbins), equally the R'n'G can get sickly. But this hits the spot.

Sick Sense Cru: U Get 24 and Real Sound (with Smasher, Chynie, Chinksta and O.G)
Brilliant too. Post Str8 Flush classical flute sample (ears a bit rusty this morning but maybe its Tchaikovsky) and nifty strings. Unplaceable ardkore flava. Reminds me a little of the Eastwood/Oddz tune. Small crews making waves.

Last edited:

outraygeous

WOEBOT said:
The drought has broken at the shops. Some wicked tunes out:

Sick Sense Cru: U Get 24 and Real Sound (with Smasher, Chynie, Chinksta and O.G)
Brilliant too. Post Str8 Flush classical flute sample (ears a bit rusty this morning but maybe its Tchaikovsky) and nifty strings. Unplaceable ardkore flava. Reminds me a little of the Eastwood/Oddz tune. Small crews making waves.

think it is eastwood on produckky

S

simon silverdollar

slew dem- phantom of the opera is a bit biggle as well.

simon silverdollar said:

is that the one with the machine-gun snare roll? nasty...

hey Matt, you gotta love the new Macabre Unit EP surely? "Lift Off" = 'Euphoric Grime'. Total lushness, innit.

DJL

i'm joking
Nick Gutterbreakz said:
is that the one with the machine-gun snare roll? nasty...

hey Matt, you gotta love the new Macabre Unit EP surely? "Lift Off" = 'Euphoric Grime'. Total lushness, innit.

Forgot to add 'Lift Off' to my list of ones to buy. Favourite tune at the moment by miles.

Woebot

simon silverdollar said:

yeah wiley is EXCELLENT on that. really ferocious MCing. nearly picked that one if i wasnt being a bit careful not to splurge too much...

mms

sometimes
DJL said:
Forgot to add 'Lift Off' to my list of ones to buy. Favourite tune at the moment by miles.

yeah its ace - big step up production wise for them i think
some dubstep people are saying its coreny but nah man it's aquatic

zhao

there are no accidents
I need to fly to London for a weekend and just spend about 500 pounds on this shit.

Noah Baby Food

D'Explicit - "The Real Hench EP". That "Change Formation" is fuckin hype, makes me want to smash stuff up.

Statik - "Connected" ...especially "The Set"

Jon E Cash - "Hoods Up"

DJL

i'm joking
mms said:
yeah its ace - big step up production wise for them i think
some dubstep people are saying its coreny but nah man it's aquatic

How is it corny??? Sometimes I think dubstep people been smoking too much weed if that is possible

hint

party record with a siren
Aye - Lift Off blew my mind when I first heard it and I've been shoehorning it into sets as much as possible. It's got a bit of bounce and swing that's lacking in a lot of dubstep.

Only problem is that it's ludicrously fast.

DJL

i'm joking
I love dubstep but a lot of it is slow, heavy smoking material. 'Lift Off' is chilled and subtle but has dancefloor energy.