Nigerian Bank Fraud Spam Thread

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I salute you, sir, for your services to the circulation of utterly rubbish and ill-written attempts at fraud.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Indeed, His Royal Highness Prince Chris Williams himself sends his regards, and enquires whether you might wish to invest in his new multi-national architectural hippopotamous project. All you need do is send £10, 000 (at the least, you tight bastard) via Paypal to my account (details below), and I shall pass on both the money and your best greetings to Prince Williams in his non-existent palace.

martin

----
I sent out a fake one to some friends using a hotmail address, years ag, just some rubbish about having discovering a magic well in the Urals, but one girl really freaked out and when she found out it was me, she never spoke to me again. I also replied to one of the Nigerian ones, and got sent a phone number. When I rang it from work, some bloke picked up, but I started laughing and couldn't do the wind-up.

Woebot

Hello/Dear,

I am Mr. Abu Al-Karmel, I am working in Economic Development and Foreign
contract payment Operations Department,in the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI).

My aim of writing you is to seek for your kindness assistance to allow
me quickly transfer the sum of US$15.million dollars, into your account.It
will interest you to know how this huge sum amount of funds came about.About
two days before the United State and British, bombing began,Saddam
Hussein, ordered his youngest son, Qusay, to remove the sum of US$1.billion
(640 million) from the Central Bank of
Iraq (CBI) The cash which was loaded on to three lorries.

That memorable day Qusay and a senior aide to the former president
Saddam Hussein delivered the instruction in person to the bank's
governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI). And the money was removed
without proper official documentations. The money was not debited. It
was just remove from the foreign reserve vault. This illegal withdrawer
created opportunity for our staffs working in the foreign
payments department. We hastingly remove from the vault the sum of US$75.million,
which we shared among ourselves working in the department,five in
number. My share
was US$15.million, the deal which was absolutely successfully.

Then,after the fall of Saddam,a Finance Company based in Jordan assisted
me to move the fund as a Bond Deposit into Bank in EUROPE.Due to
recent probe in our Apex Bank,i decided to leave and i am under cover
in SENEGAL -AFRICA.

What I needed now is your "TRUST" HONESTY and TRANSPERENCY" since i
would want you to receive the money into an account from the EUROPEAN
Bank which i will disclose to you later on.I will also front you in any
kind of investment that we might decide to enter later.

As a matter of fact,if i am convinced and with your declaration of
interest in this deal,then,i will tell you the procedures to follow.For
security of this transaction,i do hereby implore youto treat and
maintain it with absolute confidentiality.

Please,if you are not dispose to assist,kindly destroy this letter for
the sake of Humanity.

Looking forward to your urgent response.
Best Regard
Mr. Abu Al-Karmel

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Reading some of the exchanges on that scambaiters site linked to above, a question occurs to me: why hasn't someone done a combination of That's Life, the Cook Report and reality TV and done a TV series with folks exposing these scamstas and taking them for a ride? That would be hilarious....

ripley

Not sure if it's on that site but there's a great site where someone answers as "Randolph Carter, an anthropological researcher with Miskatonic University, in Arkham." and strings the would-be-scammer along and slowly turns the story into an H.P. Lovecraft-style descent into madness and worship of Eldritch beings howling in the deep.

http://www.geocities.com/steerp1ke/David_Ehi.html

Kuma

The Konspirator
k-punk said:
Reading some of the exchanges on that scambaiters site linked to above, a question occurs to me: why hasn't someone done a combination of That's Life, the Cook Report and reality TV and done a TV series with folks exposing these scamstas and taking them for a ride? That would be hilarious....

It's been done.
NBC did a step by step run through of getting the nigerians hook, line and sinker. Seen it rebroadcast in a few places..

Woebot

Attn: Please,

I am Mr Yousf Ahmed from Cote-Ivory Abijan.I am 25years old and
presently
residing in Dakar-Senegal because of the political crisis in my Country.
I got
your contact in strict confidence through Senegal Chamber of Commerce.

I would Honestly want to seek for an immediate assistance from you, I
have $12.5
Million US dollars belonging to my late Father Mr MUSA AHMED, who was
held
bondage by the Rebels during the crisis and was letter killed.

I ran to Senegal refugee Camp when I Discovered danger to my life and
that of my
only sister.My late father has deposited the above mentioned Amount as
a
consignment with a FINANCE COMPANY for safe keeping before his death
and i have every Documents regards the transaction I have contacted the
FINANCE
COMPANY and confirmed the safety of the money/ inheritance.

As it is, I have the intention of investing the money oversees and
however
needed a Foreigner who is capable of giving adequate assistance to me by
the way
of clearing the money from the FINANCE COMPANY and the reafter
forwarding it to your Account for investments.

I have map out 35% percentage of the fund for you.My Althernative EMAIL:
ahmedy@inMail24.com ) ahmed@inmail24.com ) If Necessary, Please do
feel free to ask me questions on
this as I wait for your reply soonest.

Thanks.

Woebot

Bond Bank Limited,

1, Forestry Road,

Benin City, Edo State,

Nigeria, 234.

DEAR FRIEND,

COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON, MY NAME IS MR.OSAGIE .O.KOLADE.THE BRANCH MANAGER OF BOND BANK PLC EDO STATE BRANCH. I AM WRITING IN RESPECT OF A FOREIGN CUSTOMER OF MY BANK(MR.David D. Alger)WITH ACCOUNT NUMBER BB4674001-88322 WHO PERISHED WITH HIS FAMILY IN THE WORLD TRADE CENTRE,IN AMERICA, ON THE 11TH OF SEPTEMBER 2001.

SINCE THE DEMISE OF MR David ,I PERSONALLY HAVE WATCHED WITH KEEN INTEREST TO SEE THE NEXT OF KIN BUT ALL HAS PROVED ABORTIVE AS NO ONE HAS COME TO CLAIM HIS FUNDS OF USD950,000,NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS]HAS BEEN WITH OUR BANK HERE FOR A VERY LONG TIME, WHICH HAS ACCUMULATED SOME INTEREST.

ON THIS NOTE I DECIDED TO SEEK FOR YOU, YOUR NAME SHALL BE USED AS THE NEXT OF KIN,AS NO ONE HAS COME UP TO PUT CLAIM AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO THIS FUNDS AND THE BANKING ETHICS HERE DOES NOT ALLOW SUCH MONEY TO STAY MORE THAN FOUR YEARS,BECUASE AFTER FOUR YEARS THE MONEY WILL BE CALLED BACK TO THE BANK TREASURY AS UNCLAIMED BILL..

I AM CONVINCED IN MY MIND THAT YOUR NAME COULD BE USED AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO THIS CLAIM.THE REQUEST OF THE FOREIGNER AS A NEXT OF KIN IN THIS BUSINESS IS OCCASIONED BY THE FACT THAT THE CUSTOMER WAS A FOREIGNER AND A NIGERIAN CANNOT STAND AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO A FOREIGNER.

I HAVE AGREED TO SHARE THIS MONEY WITH YOU IN THE MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING OF 70%/30%.YOU KEEP 30% WHILE I KEEP 70%,THEREAFTER I WILL VISIT YOUR COUNTRY, FOR DISBURSEMENT AS I AM ALMOST DUE FOR RETIREMENT.

THEREFORE TO ENDEAVOUR THE IMMEDIATE TRANSFER OF THIS FUNDS TO YOUR ACCOUNT,YOU HAVE TO APPLY FIRST TO THE BANK AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO THE DESEASED INDICATING BY SENDING AN APPLICATION AND LOCATION WHERE THE MONEY WILL BE REMITTED.

I WILL NOT FAIL TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE THAT THIS BUSINESS IS HITCH FREE AND THAT YOU SHOULD NOT ENTERTAIN ANY FEAR AS THE WHOLE REQUIRED ARRANGEMENT AS BEEN PERFECTED FOR THE TRANSFER.

THIS IS MY PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS(mr_osagie@in-box.net) DO NOT HESITATE TO REPLY ME THROUGH THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

MY REGARDS.

MR. OSAGIE.O.KOLADE

Head, Corporate Banking