does anyone here collect music magazines?

gumdrops

i have about four stacks, each more than a metre high, of various music, film, and general mags from the late 80s up til now. i dont buy mags like i used to, but for some reason ive hoarded all my old ones for years. i dont really read them at all, only occasionally (which is kinda cool actually to go back and see what people were writing about such and such thing, but probably not worth the storage space), so am finally planning on getting rid of them.

i dont really have enough room to keep as many as i do, and they dont really serve much purpose, but for sentimental reasons, i wouldnt mind keeping them. i just *like* magazines. but does anyone know the best way to get rid of mags? does anyone actually *not* get rid of them and keep them forever and forever? is there anywhere i can send my mags to give them a good home (or at the least, a nice print-hospice before they meet the inevitable incinerator?)

alternately, how many mags should a sane person keep? not that i need to be typically sane or anything, i just dont particularly want to end up like that guy in ghost world.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
I've moved so often now that I've culled regualarly. But I do hate throwing out magazines. The only thing I seem to do less than throw them out is look at the ones I've kept!

Buick6

too punk to drunk
I've got about 50 copies of SPin from around 1987 to about 1993, if anyone wants to buy gimme a PM..