Vyner Street festival - London E2 - this weekend (27/28 Aug)

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Vyner Street festival - London E2 - this weekend (26/27 Aug)

This Saturday and Sunday from 12 noon onwards, they’ll be live performances and djs on Vyner Street E2, which is kinda sandwiched between Hackney and Bethnal Green (off Cambridge Heath Rd in close proximity to Victoria Park, Broadway Market, Regents Canal).

Music is as follows

Time Saturday
4.00 Beck Road Band
5.00 Li’l Lost Lou
6.00 Dear Thief
7.00 Idle Lovers
8.00 Sky Pirates
9.00 Whore Dogs (Alan Tyler)

Time Sunday
3.00 Sailplanes
4.00 Spinmaster Plantpot
5.00 Marquis of Queensbury Rules
6.00 Cherry Mash Cherry
7.00 Yerorobo
8.00 Tits of Death
9.00 Ruff Sqwad

Dissensus' own Stelfox is playing a hyphy set before Ruff Sqwad

More details here

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Sounds good - what kind of stuff will the djs be playing on Saturday afternoon, out of interest, cos I was thinking of headin down then?

bun-u

Trumpet Police
baboon2004 said:
Sounds good - what kind of stuff will the djs be playing on Saturday afternoon, out of interest, cos I was thinking of headin down then?

The bands kicks off around 3pm, but one of two djs (including myself) will be starting things from 12...I usually play a mixture of grime, ragga, rap, r'n'b etc - but it'll be the much lighter end of things at that time, plus a load of cheesier things (though I'll be back again around 9pm to play the more raunchy end)...the other djs will play reggae, post punky electroclash stuff (for want of better phrases) and sunshine pop. See you there soon (ahem) baboon

stelfox - hey I started a thread seeking djs/performers about a month ago!
there's an open mic section on Sunday 3-6pm and I've already mentioned to a couple of djs that it'll be 'open decks' too....but it'll be on a first come first served basis so I can't promise anthing...if you come down early on sunday (say 1pm), it should be ok ...would love to 'ave you on

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
bun-u said:
The bands kicks off around 3pm, but one of two djs (including myself) will be starting things from 12...I usually play a mixture of grime, ragga, rap, r'n'b etc - but it'll be the much lighter end of things at that time, plus a load of cheesier things (though I'll be back again around 9pm to play the more raunchy end)...the other djs will play reggae, post punky electroclash stuff (for want of better phrases) and sunshine pop. See you there soon (ahem) baboon

Well, I laughed. :)

Raunchy grime/dancehall/hip-hop sounds fabulous! Let's hope the weather bucks its ideas up, otherwise I might be forced to have a quiet word...

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Yes it is....just back from the Green Man so feeling a little dishevelled and grubby...but anyway it's on this weekend - Saturday and Sunday 12 noon till around 11pm on Vyner Street off Cambridge Heath Road again

Last edited:

bun-u

Trumpet Police
alas Dave isn't the tits, he'll be following the tits...

...damn this carry on humour is not for this forum