renochild on east village radio

dominic

Beast of Burden
check out renochild on east village radio

he's from manchester and the main dj in the party organization that i'm involved with = fugari

and for whatever it's worth, i'll stand behind renochild's take on house music w/ respect to the house music debate that stelfox started

(although this show is rather heavy on classic material, there's also new-ish stuff -- i'll link renochild next time he plays, i.e., he usually plays a selection tilted more toward new than old -- and so it'll hopefully be more relevant to the current state of house music argument -- it's just that this is the first time i can recall that he archived his show successfully, which is why i linked it)

again, as with all links to evr, look for the line that says "most recent show here"

(and don't be confused by the tracklist -- that's for the second hour of the show, which is usually hosted by downtown dj bryant k, though he had someone sub for him this week)

(i.e., first hour of the show is always the nublu session, and the second hour is always bryant k's own show)

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
i've heard Renochild (aka Marvin) spin at Lotus in the LES... he's really good, def. breaks out some stuff i haven't heard played in NYC before...

dominic

Beast of Burden
hey peter -- i think you and i both know sims, which is how i've heard you play before, i.e., lotus on a wednesday a year or so ago (and that's why i was glad to learn you'd taken up the grime cause when you advertised the rocky's event a couple weeks back -- though i had a conflict that evening)

dominic

Beast of Burden
petergunn said:
nice hat at the ampitheatre show by the way, kind of a fisherman's classic, no?

yes, that's me -- fashion-forward for headwear and footwear, lumpen tattered grey for all attire in between

the hat in question strikes me as a slightly "preppy" version of the fisherman's classic, not that i'd ever endorse a return to preppy fashion -- it's merely what they had on hand at st mark's one day -- yes, i buy all my hats from street vendors selling to tourists, never proper haberdashers, b/c i expect to lose them sooner rather than later -- kinda like umbrellas

Last edited:

dominic

Beast of Burden
here's a 2-hour session on east village radio by my partner in the fugari parties = renochild

heavy on modern-day broken beats, for which he's got an excellent ear

but also some classic material -- including nicolette on SUAD and the wu tang remix of genaside ii alluded to on the portishead thread

as always, look for the line that says "most recent show here" -- the "here" is in red

and as always, disregard the tracklist b/c it's not from renochild's show

(the first couple of minutes are the end of cowboy mark's show, so don't get confused)

Last edited: