american grime?

atomly

atomiq one
Is there any? I know of the Seclusiasis crew in Philly and obviously Diplo, but I don't know of much else going on...

mms

sometimes
slit jockey - then there was that southern comfort record which is a grimey riddim with crunky vocals - then ther is the stuff that sizzle and the rest of the shadetek lot are doing that crosses the crunk/electronica/grime hinges too.
some stuff of that ilk on their recent dudes ep

zhao

there are no accidents
Blackdown said:
Southern Comfort is a booty of a US record, but it's a joint US/UK remix

by booty you mean the kind you wanna tap or "ass" as in wack?

zhao

there are no accidents
american grime... well me and my girlfriend have been on a juice fast for the past 40 days and we've been going by the name of "No Solid Crew"...

drum roll! :D

nomos

Administrator
atomly said:
Is there any? I know of the Seclusiasis crew in Philly and obviously Diplo, but I don't know of much else going on...
Drop by the message boards at http://www.riddim.ca. Lots of heads meeting up there and some of them trading beats. Haven't heard any North American MCs yet.

atomly

atomiq one
autonomicforthepeople said:
Drop by the message boards at http://www.riddim.ca. Lots of heads meeting up there and some of them trading beats. Haven't heard any North American MCs yet.

awesome, thanks, i'll check it out. i've been making a lot of beats and i have a few MCs around that keep promising to lay down some verses, but nothing has materialized yet. i'm just looking for some people to trade dubs/remixes/verses with to see if maybe we can get some decent grime coming out of north america.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
yeah me and Z have been doing some grime things. We're working with Jahmek The World, Jammer's crew, and have some tunes recorded with them. One tune with Ears, one with D Double, one w/ Skepta and Jammer. All will eventually release, in different places. Got a few tunes on our upcoming LP for Sound Ink, one on Ears mixtape that's dropping soon. Also we have a mixCD dropping very soon on our label called Heavy Meckle which is a djmix with Jammer, Ears and Neckle Camp freestyling. And yeah, the Dudes EP which just came out has a bunch of grime-ish stuff, including a tune with Tame One, of Artifacts which I might argue is one of the early american grime vocal tunes, produced by our boys Xing N Fox. Hold tight the Dirty Jersey grime crew.

Whoa-B

Brüt Force Family
And yeah, the Dudes EP which just came out has a bunch of grime-ish stuff, including a tune with Tame One, of Artifacts which I might argue is one of the early american grime vocal tunes, produced by our boys Xing N Fox.

just the mention of that get the song stuck in my head... "when I hear music it make me dance BREAK" Ya, Tame kills that beat, which is itself pretty sweet.

atomly

atomiq one
SIZZLE said:
yeah me and Z have been doing some grime things. We're working with Jahmek The World, Jammer's crew, and have some tunes recorded with them. One tune with Ears, one with D Double, one w/ Skepta and Jammer. All will eventually release, in different places. Got a few tunes on our upcoming LP for Sound Ink, one on Ears mixtape that's dropping soon. Also we have a mixCD dropping very soon on our label called Heavy Meckle which is a djmix with Jammer, Ears and Neckle Camp freestyling. And yeah, the Dudes EP which just came out has a bunch of grime-ish stuff, including a tune with Tame One, of Artifacts which I might argue is one of the early american grime vocal tunes, produced by our boys Xing N Fox. Hold tight the Dirty Jersey grime crew.

Hey, man, how's it goin? Haven't talked to you guys in a bit. I guess since the show at Rothko. Word, you guys should hit me up if you wanna trade some tunes or whatever.