Cluster & Eno back in print!

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Yo!

REAL ambient/post-rcok muzak made the way it wuz supposed to be!

Krautrock meets Brit Pop at least 18 years before it got sanitzed, buggerised and made into Coldplay, or Sigur Ros or .....

DRONE ON!

soundslike1981

The Harmonia record with Eno isn't half bad, either. No idea if it's in print, though.

What I want to know is when will Cluster '71 be back in print. . .

zhao

there are no accidents
I still have a copy of Cluster 71 (wonder how much it goes for on Ebay?)

the one I'm waiting for is Sowiesoso. GOD I miss that fucking record. some asshole or other borrowed it and never gave it back. (so glad I dont smoke weed anymore).

all 3 Harmonia records were excellent.

had the pleasure and luck to catch Mobius and Michael Rother live at the Cooler in NYC 5 years ago................. space is, most definitely, the place.

just bought the brand new Fripp/Eno collaboration. a proper follow up more than 30 years later. more subtle and nuanced than the old material.

also just ordered Apollo, Music for Films, etc.

francesco

Minerva Estassi
I recently bought Sowiesoso in CD; remastered 20 bit, on Sky records, recent Japanese pressing. Should not be so difficult to track.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Eno and Harmonia! Didn't know that one, hopefully it gets a release as that first Harmonia record is prolly the BEST krautrock album of all time!

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
Think the Eno/Cluster stuff was mentioned in The Times some months ago.
The reviewer saying that the newly remastered CDs sounds almost as good
as the original vinyl. Apparantly the first CD release of these (in the 80s?) were
all mastered in a horrible way (happened a lot) and these newer ones are better
(but the vinyl still better if I remember the review correctly - nevermind I've got these
on good ol' cassette :confused: ).
--

Fripp/Eno - I wasn't waiting for the son off "No Pussyfooting"/"Evening Star"; they are far from as good as the Eno/Cluster and Eno/Moebius/Roedeliues releases. I see that the first two Fripp/Eno albums get an average of almost 5 stars on Amazon; whereas "Music for Films" (which I think is great) merely has 3. Something is not right up in Amazon land.

--

I do like Fripp's "Exposure" album though. He has a superb version of "Here Comes The Flood" on it (Gabriel on vocals, and "our man" Phil Collins on drums? (Phil also plays on a lot of the Eno records from the 70s). I think from the same sessions as "Peter Gabriel", an album that was overproduced by Bob Ezrin.

Last edited:

10:02am

Excellent news

and Harmonia's DeLuxe is one of my favorites... has it been remastered on CD?

How about Le Dusseldorf, any fans?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
The two main Harmonia albums are simply incredible, but I've got the Eno/Harmonia one and I'm not too keen to be honest. Mostly vocal tracks with rather half-hearted synthetic backing. I've given it several chances, but it's never impressed me much.

Diggedy Derek said:
The two main Harmonia albums are simply incredible, but I've got the Eno/Harmonia one and I'm not too keen to be honest. Mostly vocal tracks with rather half-hearted synthetic backing. I've given it several chances, but it's never impressed me much.

I second that emotion.

zhao

there are no accidents
Nick Gutterbreakz said:
I second that emotion.

third here. I forgot that this was the reason I don't own a copy of it. I for one think Eno is someone who should never go anywhere near a mic. atleast after Another Green World.

another person who makes lovely music but should not sing: David Silvian. :eek: