Cyanide
Monster
Behind You

ALBUM OF NEW TRACKS COMING
SOON –> ‘ESCAPE FROM ZONE 2’

abk.jpg

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
These downloads don't seem to be working for me...

... which is a shame:

from Gutterbreakz:

Forensics a name I've been dropping quite a bit recently. He's an DJ/producer called Krys Taylor, originally from Bristol but now based in London. I've featured one of his mixes before, along with a couple of his own tunes on Gutterbreakz FM. I finally got to meet him in person this month as he's the co-organiser of Ruffneck Discotek, also spinning all the 'hits' prior to Pinch's exclusive set. I'm hosting his latest mix, which you might've seen posted already at some of the message boards, but here's the link again for all you busy Gutterheadz:

Sounds good! I have his mix, probably listen to it tonight. Christ, it's dubstep frenzy round here.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
These downloads don't seem to be working for me...

... which is a shame:

from Gutterbreakz:

Forensics a name I've been dropping quite a bit recently. He's an DJ/producer called Krys Taylor, originally from Bristol but now based in London. I've featured one of his mixes before, along with a couple of his own tunes on Gutterbreakz FM. I finally got to meet him in person this month as he's the co-organiser of Ruffneck Discotek, also spinning all the 'hits' prior to Pinch's exclusive set. I'm hosting his latest mix, which you might've seen posted already at some of the message boards, but here's the link again for all you busy Gutterheadz:

Sounds good! I have his mix, probably listen to it tonight. Christ, it's dubstep frenzy round here.

you're into dubstep paul?
i recall you saying it is british techno or somesuch?
i reckon its the other end of the british techno conttinum - sort of son of bleep if u like.

dsp13

GAMEBWOY
You have to follow the link to download... worked for me. They're encoded at 56kps but the sound quality is surprisingly good. I liked the first three the best. That "PARANOIA" riddim is kinda cool.

dHarry

mms said:
you're into dubstep paul?
i recall you saying it is british techno or somesuch?
i reckon its the other end of the british techno conttinum - sort of son of bleep if u like.

bleep-ish alright, but even more like slowed-down drum and bass to my ears - listen to that Paranoia track above (even has a double bass sound at the beginning) - might be a track from Metalheadz Platinum Breaks or Grooverider presents the Prototype Years if you sped it up... same with the Rephlex Grime - but was that really grime? (sorry K-punk, I won't start another pointless grime thread, honest ;) )

Forensics

Brown Sugar
Cheers for posting on my thread guys! If anyone wants
to check some of my mixes HERE are a bunch of em...

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Marcus: yeah, dubstep is pretty much all I want to listen to.

yes of course dubstep sounds like jungle, well techstep really, but to me, it's /very/ techno. Only blacker and better.

Fatal Blow: getting somewhere. Piano figure works well. Structure of the track works not so well -- not clear how it's progressing. That high pitched synth wash gets on your tits after a while. Crying out for a huge growly LFOed bassline under it. Couldn't imagine MCing working too well on it.

Mind you -- it would fit right into the stuff on Forensics Dubstep mix 12, which I didn't like as much as your previous ones, bit too sparse and art-music-y, so who knows.

Antodote: beat is good. the string chord progression is good, the long attack envelope on the strings is less good. Reminds me too much of an 80s synth demo. When the strings dop out it all works much better. Bass isn't loud enough -- not really audible actually.

Wasteground: good. best bass so far, which cOuld be filtered down even more. Bit too sparse. Crying out for some Loefash style twisted pads.

Combine the bass from Wasteground with the beat from antidote and you might have a winner.

Quite good but needs a bit more of a spark...

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
Marcus: yeah, dubstep is pretty much all I want to listen to.

ha - well why don't you come to dmz on the 5th - sure you would love it .
its weird how everyone i've said - 'why don't you come, you might like it ' has been hooked so far .