definition of hell

mms

sometimes
looking for keys b4 work - the only set of keys as your girlfriends bag was nicked -

just knowing they are somewhere really banal but where
where
where
just been doing that for half an hour
absolutley ridiculous even bothering really as they turned up under a slipper a bit on the bedroom floor- the first and last place youd find em

your definition?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
My definition of hell was about three months after my dad died / family collapsed / mum had heart attacks and I had this constant feeling that my fingernails were being dragged down a blackboard til there was nothing left but bloody stumps. If I hadn't got help I'd have had to kill myself to stop the pain.

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
My definition of hell was about three months after my dad died / family collapsed / mum had heart attacks and I had this constant feeling that my fingernails were being dragged down a blackboard til there was nothing left but bloody stumps. If I hadn't got help I'd have had to kill myself to stop the pain.

well yeah thats real
mine was more nagging banality

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Bloody hell 2stepfan, that's awful.

I know where mms is coming from here- hellish banality, sort of thing. The kind of thing I hate is where it's self-inflicted, for instance if I have some sort of important meeting, and leave 10 minutes late for no good reason, and then hate myself for causing myself so much stress. It's kind of the analogue of the dreams where you have to sit an exam having done no revision at all, a self-inflicted hell.

sufi

lala
'nother approach?

flew into london from the north wednesday at sunset
in the middle of a gigantic electrical storm after a day of thick humidity, jumping turbulence, dense clouds turning clashing bruised purples, mauves & deep navy blues sometimes obscuring the
torrential rain strobing in every direction in the wingtip lights
erratic lightening bolts suddenly re-coloring everything into pastel shades...mmm
that was a real rollercoaster, craning my neck to keep my nose stuck to the window to take in the light show - got a crick, cos my seatbelt was still fastened...

then...
thru a gap in the thick grey clouds this hellish orange lights appear... london looks like it's on fire, motorways picked out with tiny sprites firing each other about, housing complexes casting eerily organic crawling negative shapes, gobbets of low cloud obliterating landmarks, looking like a coast, then suddenly we came upon canary wharf - kastle of kapital, wheeling like it could fit in your hand, and we headed due west to heathrow, the world looking like fractured with fire spitting up through the cracks, is that the river, lower and lower till i can see little human figures still bathed in that fiery orange glow - breugel's parking attendants stoking...

hell is london?
made me wax all poetic anyway

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Yeah probably slightly strong meat for this thread, sorry if it bummed people out (and, y'know, plenty of people in the world have it worse).

sufi

lala
no paul
dat's fine... mine's just way shallower

4227.jpg

rewch

shelley did write: 'hell is a city much like london...' think it was in peter bell... he went on to say: 'each one [londoner] damning damns the other / they are damned by one another / by none other are they damned...' or something like that... (sorry... off the top of my head)

Woebot

sufi said:
flew into london from the north wednesday at sunset
in the middle of a gigantic electrical storm after a day of thick humidity, jumping turbulence, dense clouds turning clashing bruised purples, mauves & deep navy blues sometimes obscuring the
torrential rain strobing in every direction in the wingtip lights
erratic lightening bolts suddenly re-coloring everything into pastel shades...mmm
that was a real rollercoaster, craning my neck to keep my nose stuck to the window to take in the light show - got a crick, cos my seatbelt was still fastened...

then...
thru a gap in the thick grey clouds this hellish orange lights appear... london looks like it's on fire, motorways picked out with tiny sprites firing each other about, housing complexes casting eerily organic crawling negative shapes, gobbets of low cloud obliterating landmarks, looking like a coast, then suddenly we came upon canary wharf - kastle of kapital, wheeling like it could fit in your hand, and we headed due west to heathrow, the world looking like fractured with fire spitting up through the cracks, is that the river, lower and lower till i can see little human figures still bathed in that fiery orange glow - breugel's parking attendants stoking...

hell is london?
made me wax all poetic anyway

innit.