roll deep on a d n b record

mms

sometimes
well i thought long and hard about posting this info and i thought it was significant enough to mention - from a forthcoming releases mailout :
what does it all mean?

Chase & Status ‘Duppy Man’ (ft. Capleton)/‘Top Shotta’ (ft. Roll Deep)
12” (Breakbeat Kaos)
l‘Duppy Man’ features the instantly recognisable vocals of Capleton and has been a major fixture in the sets of all the top drum & bass DJ’s from Andy C to Hype to Swift to Friction to Shimon to Nicky Blackmarket.
l‘Top Shotta’ on the flip showcases the talents of Roll Deep (currently riding the crest of their own wave with single ‘The Avenue’ hitting the Top 12 of the National chart).

hint

party record with a siren
This could be the future for the unruly - starting Grime threads disguised as D'n'B threads ;)

Immryr

yeh i think mms knew it was a grime tune all along and was just looking for a way to sneak it in under k-punks radar ;p

appleblim

they make both - 'wise up' on bingo and the one they did on Vehicle were ace....

they've been gettin success on the d&b circuit more recently tho....

glad to see em making some grimy beats still.....'duppy man' kinda sounds like eski / oddz d&b too....weirdly works really well...

love 'top shotta' too, big up logan for introducing me to this.....i love Scratchy's new 'breeeow breeow' gunshot sound! i keep runnin around at work shouting it out!

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Ah, that track! "And if any boy wanna test......... boyyyyyy, I wouldn't want to be you!". Massive track. Doesn't Trim come in later, his first line being the superbly weird "........ this is my department".

Awesome tune.

mms

sometimes
hint said:
This could be the future for the unruly - starting Grime threads disguised as D'n'B threads ;)

bah what do you mean unruly i'm tidy and polite - in fact my hair is in a neat quiff at the mo cos i'm gettting the feeling it might as well be the bloody 50's.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Yeah, why can't K-Punk rant about it being the fucking fifties all over again instead of slaging off random grime posters?

Oh. He already has...

gabriel

The Heatwave
2stepfan said:
top shotta = very bad tune, one of many at the mo.

but what's the Capleton-voiced cut like? not heard that

it's not a new voicing, it's a remix of slew dem from a few years ago. they haven't even done it from the acapella - yuo can hear the beat in there as well