luca santucci

jed_

it seems like almost everyone who has worked with Herbert at one point has gotten round to releasing a solo record except this guy. his vocal spots are pretty few and far between but each and every one is pure gold. among others: "Number One" by playgroup, "you Saw it all" by Herbert (maybe my favourite Herbert track) and, finest of all, "Won't you be my Baby, Baby" with Leila.

so what happened with this guy? why wasn't he snapped up for a solo record? (he had the looks too if i remember right). has he retired from music?

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I worked with Luca about 7 years ago (in a day job not in a musical context), around the time he'd just finished working with Leila on 'Like Weather'.

Last i heard he'd signed to a french label, possibly part of the yellow productions empire, and an album was forthcoming. Kept a look out for it but i never saw any publicity.

Maybe he just got unlucky, I know he was signed to a big dance indie (rhythm king i think) in the early 90s and nothing really came of that either.

On the other hand, he was a really nice guy and not fantastically ambitious, or didnt seem to be, so maybe he's perfectly happy guesting on other peoples stuff and not having his own thing.

Whatever he's up to i wish him well.

mms

sometimes
jed_ said:
it seems like almost everyone who has worked with Herbert at one point has gotten round to releasing a solo record except this guy. his vocal spots are pretty few and far between but each and every one is pure gold. among others: "Number One" by playgroup, "you Saw it all" by Herbert (maybe my favourite Herbert track) and, finest of all, "Won't you be my Baby, Baby" with Leila.

so what happened with this guy? why wasn't he snapped up for a solo record? (he had the looks too if i remember right). has he retired from music?

he actually had a solo career b4 teaming up with leila under the name just 'luca' - he's still around, last time i heard leila was doing another solo album with him but thats not creed - i saw him the other week as it goes.
if i see him again like i do once a season i shall ask him - he's an ace human being - as is leila - she is an awesome bean.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
leila has a new album out soon with him on it

there is a single on preorder at the moment

also martina topley bird is on it.

STN

sou'wester
Enjoying the new Laila album on which he appears. Weird cover of norwegian wood which seems to better realise the potential of the original...