decent dancehall club nights in london?

• Thread starter captain easychord
  • Start date
C

captain easychord

anybody know any good ones? my girlfriend is in london at the moment and sent me to the internet to source it out. thinking weeklies/bi-weeklies...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I know the answer to this one!

Either Heatwave vs Mas Fuego on Friday monthly - the guys who run it regularly post on here;

or

Moonlighting on Greek Street in Soho on a Saturday night - v friendly place, good mix of dancehall, soca etc

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I'd be interested to hear of any more in London too...anywhere you can go out and hear Bionic Ras and I-ROb is fine by me.

gabriel

The Heatwave
hmm i didn't know about that moonlighting night, sounds nice.

next heatwave vs mas fuego is next friday 16th september - www.heatwavelondon.com. bionic ras is guaranteed to play

weeklies aren't so common but there's a new one coming soon at departure (formerly market bar) in the heatwave style :cool:

there's also a new reggae night starting in the west end on monday called reggae brek, shuold be weekly after that. it's in rathbone place, nos. 3-4 - i think the venue is called roxy or soemthing similar

also rodigan's reggae at mass every wednesday and uptown splurt (more of a bashment thing) every wednesday at cameos in west end - djs like robbo ranx, chris goldfinger, silverstar etc

C

captain easychord

what's with the british distinction between bashment and dancehall?

gabriel

The Heatwave
captain easychord said:
what's with the british distinction between bashment and dancehall?

actually in this instance i wasn't distinguishing between bashment and dancehall, but rather between rodigan's reggae night and uptown splurt which is a bashment thing. though there is definitely a distinction made over here, but i won't go into what i think about it here cos there's that other thread innit...