chrome - where to start

mms

sometimes
i've heard very little of this band but what i've heard i've liked alot
where does a person start with them if any of you know?

mms

sometimes
childrentalking said:
definitely the Touch + Go twofer of Half Machine Lip Moves + Alien Soundtracks

very graceful, pay day monday so i will invest, just over a fiver on amazon

kingofcars

'red exposure' is probably my fav of theirs, but half machine lip moves is a fine place to start.

really tho, all the the material up to and including 'third from the sun' is pretty great...except for maybe 'the visitation'..

Buick6

too punk to drunk
childrentalking said:

Hear! Hear! Absolutely and postively the two finest neo-Kraut-rock American-punk records of all time.

hamarplazt

100% No Soul Guaranteed
kingofcars said:
'red exposure' is probably my fav of theirs, but half machine lip moves is a fine place to start.

really tho, all the the material up to and including 'third from the sun' is pretty great...except for maybe 'the visitation'..
I'd like to big up 'Red Exposure' too, even though HMLM is by all reasonable criteria their most essential record. Equally great, but quite different from the rest of their output, is the mini-LP 'Read Only Memory' (included on the LP 'No Humans Allowed'), a nightmare soundscape shaming most industrial acts.

Woebot

childrentalking said:

yes that about wraps it up. blissblogger also reccommended me Read Only Memory.

http://www.staticwhitesound.com/chrome/discography.htm

There's quite a seductive looking black box of all their peak period recordings you can get too (but as per above the Touch and Go twofer does the trick)

Was musing the other day about the spiritual affinity between Chriome and Killing Joke. Its that scorched earth 1970s sci-fi vision and the squalling guitars duelling with the electronics that does it.