Some grime interviews I did

originaldrum

from start till done
aint got grime to waste

or

"grime may change me , but you can't change grime'

P.S. that interview brings out a side of titch i wasn't aware of, lo at his people think grime is about "i'll cut your head off" heh heh

Last edited:

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I really like something about titch that I can't put my finger on... His flow is a bit shouty, his lyrics aren't particularly deep, but he has a 'presence' which somehow makes him really compelling, whether on record, pirate or dvd...I'd love him to be famous

bun-u

Trumpet Police
http://chantellefiddy.blogspot.com/

"While he’s is in the studio putting finishing touches to his self-initiated mixtape and DVD series, ‘Crazy Times’, he is still managing to dream about getting Ludacris, Pharell and Cliff Richard on a track together while also working on his debut album."

SMorlighem

Lady Sovereign

Ahem, thanks to Matt, who sent me his Grime 04 selection (got a lot of delay, yeah), just desperatly fell in love with Lady Sov... Just slsking stuff & EVEN ordered a couple of 12" from her label, good boy... :p

egg

Dumpy's Rusty Nut
I heard her latest tune on Radio 1 the other day and - you know how it is when something just stops you - it did that. The lyrics didn't wow me but I was transfixed by her delivery.

SMorlighem

Pearsall said:
I don't get the hype around Lady Sovereign.

Hmm, here in, France, most of music lovers don't even know what Grime could be... So, I don't/can't feel the hype about the lady (though one of my r*ck est m*rt - http://www.homme-moderne.org/musique/carnet - mates really doen't understand why someone could listen to her/that stuff).
Honestly, it made my sun-day !!!
And then, I came back to my GRM 5-cd box set, amazing frenc concret stuff, Shcaeffer, Parmegiani, Bayle, Ferrari (and chatted with some slsk folk about Bobby O' in the same time !)
Schizo-life ; love it :D

luka

yes. it's one of the strange things about having `an historical archive like we have here.